Indians

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Indians

Post by lordandcount »

What you guys think of them, I started with the indians but their early game is a bit weak (don't have trickle cards yet) but the sowar are very good. They are made for team games I think, cause they don't have good counter vs HI, but when they can build up their eco can be very good.
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Indians

Post by Comadevil »

Cannot say much about them, played them only in campaign, played only Japanese so far and will play them till Lvl 100 so i can crreate big cities right from the beginning.

But indians are thouroughly discussed at agecommunity.com and seen as UP, someone made the effort to approach it the mathematical way

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/614882.aspx

Summary:

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/617449.aspx
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

They're not hopeless but they are definitely weak.

This is due to their lack of CIR, meaning ghurkas, which are already kind of weak, suck even more against heavy infantry, and also due to their start being either fast and economically weak or slow and economically average, at least to begin with.

They can indeed become quite strong if they are allowed to build up, but they definitely have trouble versus massed heavy infantry late-game.

They also have slower shipments which makes no sense at all, and they have a 5 villager start - many people have drawn parallels to the Dutch and how they used to be UP because of their slow mining, lack of a bank wagon, and 5 villager start.

I think the Indians should be able to build an arsenal so they have access to CIR along with the other upgrades, they should get shipments at the same rate as normal civs, and perhaps something should be done to tweak their start.

It's not crucial but I also think that the population cost of elephants should be looked at, they tend to take up way more population than their stats justify, especially the siege elephants, which cost way too much for what they do.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Wow that guys like the Cyclo we know and love lol, and he's also from texas, there slowly gonna take over the world I tells ya!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i would say india is definitly designed for team games. i use india/brit for team japan for 1v1
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^ I disagree with the complex argument put forward by spinsane.

Mr.Milo had a good response to the arguement summary.

"As UPness goes they don't touch either Dutch or Ports in Age3 1.0. Ports with fewer starting vils, cassas that cost mostly gold, plus schooners was only -40%? Dutch when they could barely get to the second age? I haven't played much India, but I've seen/played enough to know they're not that bad. =)

spinsane, how do you not respect the notion of just boosting select things? If we have a finite number of changes that we can make (more changes = more testing), we want to make changes that will do the most to help the balance of the game (that means giving attention to civs other than India too). And don't you think that if we implemented every one of your proposed changes that India might be too good?"

People don't realize how extensive a small number of changes can be. Sioux went from very weak to almost OP with 1 + food crate, a small cav HP boost, and a wakina NERF (loosely speaking with my memory). I think the only thing that India needs is a wood gathering boost. Something stronger than starting with the first tech researched. I think everything else would work itself out.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Um, the fact that he says Sioux are "almost" OP makes me respect him a LOT less....

I do agree that they shouldn't do too many changes at once.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

On the other hand they should patch more often than before.

Well right now i understand that they don't want to patch so fast to see how asian civs work out. Well let's see when 1.01 arrives
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i agree drew, india is only slightly up, a slight wc bonus (.25w/sec per vill) would help them significantly