You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Bushisms I found funny

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

These are some of my favorites.

1- "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."

[align=center]---Milwaukee, Wisconsin; October 3rd, 2003[/align]

2- "The public education system in America is one of the most important foundations of our democracy. After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society."

[align=center]---Santa Clara, California; May 1st, 2002[/align]

3- "The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the... the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."

[align=center]---Washington, D.C.; October 28th, 2003[/align]

4- "One reason I like to highlight reading is, reading is the beginnings of the ability to be a good student. And if you can't read, it's going to be hard to realize dreams; it's going to be hard to go to college. So when your teachers say, read... you ought to listen to her."

[align=center]---Nalle Elementary School; Washington D.C.; February 9th, 2001[/align]

5- "We need an energy bill that encourages consumption"

[align=center]---Trenton, New Jersey; September 23rd, 2002[/align]

6- "It's evolutionary, going from governor to president, and this is a significant step, to be able to vote for yourself on the ballot, and I'll be able to do so next fall, I hope."

[align=center]---Associated Press interview; March 8th, 2000[/align]

7- "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

[align=center]---Chamber of Commerce; Nashua, New Hampshire; January 27th, 2000[/align]

8- "There's no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll never see it."

[align=center]---Chamber of Commerce; Nashua, New Hampshire; January 27th, 2000[/align]

9- "I'm sure you can imagine it's an unimaginable honor to live here."

[align=center]---White House address to agriculture leaders; June 18th, 2001[/align]

10- "And so, in my State of the...my State of the Union... or state... my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation... I asked Americans to give 4,000 years... 4,000 hours over the next... the rest of your life... of service to America. That's what I asked... 4,000 hours.

[align=center]--- April 9th, 2002[/align]

11- "Not over my dead body will they raise your taxes."

[align=center]--- January 5th, 2002[/align]

12- "They didn't think we were a nation that could conceivably sacrifice for something greater than our self; that we were soft, that we were so self-absorbed and so materialistic that we wouldn't defend anything we believed in. My, were they wrong. They were just reading the wrong magazine, or watching the wrong Springer show."

[align=center]---Washington D.C.; March 12th, 2002[/align]
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Bushisms I found funny

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

ROFLMAO
youtube is filled with vids like that as well
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Don't forget our "breast and brightest"!
Groovy.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Ahh, makes one so proud to be an American....
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

I seriously wonder if he makes these mistakes intentional so he will be underestimated. Regardless of how you feel about him, he and his staff have accomplished a lot. I’m not saying a lot of his accomplishments are not destructive, but rather saying he has been highly effective pushing his agenda despite his flaws as a public speaker.

lol, an energy policy that encourages consumption…

Then again, he could very well just be a puppet with a fortunate last name.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I have always had the beliefs that although a person who represents a country is well educated in the field of politics and must obviously be a little bit clever, they are just the "face" of what they represent. It's the team that works for them that really does the work and comes up with all the policies and details etc. I mean, they even have speaches written for them, lets be honest.... look at the facts here: Bush had speaches written for him and he couldn't get them right!!! How clever can he really be??????
It's not like it was really that complicated or anything is it?
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

For the most part, I don't think Bush is the "brains behind the operation" but at the same time, I've heard in numerous interviews with people who used to work in the administration that he does indeed have a will of his own and he has serious pull on large decisions....part of that is his resolve to "stay the course" on a lot of the things that are making him so unpopular right now.

I don't think Bush is completely stupid, although he is obviously a terrible speaker in many ways. That said, I would definitely say that his administration has done a lot of very detrimental things for this country.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

lol cyclo, i agree he is good at pushing his agenda
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

LOL. Good for a laugh, that's for sure.

Being a Canadian who is undereducated in Canadian Politics let alone American Politics, I can't comment on his effectiveness as a leader. My initial impression is that he has made some sketchy decicisions which we will find out sometime down the road. This is not to say he hasn't made good decisions, but just that I feel there is something hidden in regards to war, terror, etc, that is not at the forefront.