An Otto Question

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: An Otto Question

Post by ruminator »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Ok, on a water map then should my first card be schooners? I usually play the continuous coin card first so I can keep up Jannie production and it by itself will give me the 300 coin as soon as I ship 700 to go to fortress right-out of aging to colonial without having to mine at all (or minimally)

I'm not that strong with Otto's but I'm trying to get better. I prefer their age III and age IV rather than the standard Jannie/Abus rush..[/quote]

Due to free settlers, ottos on water maps should play schooners first. Build a dock with starting wood (or chop enough early to get this wood) then move a couple of settlers to wood to get 40 wood by the time shipment turns up. Send boats to food and as soon as you hit 800 food select 400 wood politician and move almost all settlers to wood. Build second dock and barracks on aging then keep spamming boats and houses.

By the time opponent realises what has happened your boats will produce enough food and gold for janns, while settlers remain almost totally on wood. Remember market and dock upgrades for gathering. Have 2 galleys card in your deck to kill off any water boom they plan as a reaction.

Your age up time will be slower, but your econ after about 8 minutes will be huge. I managed to win vs an aztec once doing this even though they killed my t/c in under 10 minutes and I never rebuilt it. I ran settlers away to chop wood and rebuild houses and barracks and then built up a large jann/abus force in age 2 and stomped them as they hit fortress.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

When it is best to send the ATP card guys?
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

When you get 3 or more TPs, like Patagonia, Sonora, Deccan, and Great Lakes. Or if you're Drew. :D
Groovy.
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

ok but when do you send it 1st card 2nd card etc
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""emperoral""]ok but when do you send it 1st card 2nd card etc[/quote]

Card 1 90% of the time on 3+tp maps. Just be really careful vs. civs with the 3 tp card.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I ship 3 vills on most maps, even when there are 3 TP's available
ATP kinda reveals your strat when your opponent see that you didnt grab a TP from start, he knows you shipped ATP and can anticipate a bit
but it is def a good card, although I doubt it will be used after the patch, unless maybe on araucania/G lakes.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle