PATCH NOTES RELEASED!!!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: PATCH NOTES RELEASED!!!

Post by KingKaramazov »

I wish the patch removed Honshu from standard maps.

It's already a great patch but that would make it even better. Honshu is a joke. ><
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]I wish the patch removed Honshu from standard maps.

It's already a great patch but that would make it even better. Honshu is a joke. ><[/quote]

I think it will
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

That would make me muy contento.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Honshu is the win for guys like me. :D I'm like 10/11 lifetime on 1v1's on Honshu.
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

Mac,

Didn't you tell me that if they increased Aztec's strength too much you would find another civ to play???
:)
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Honshu is a joke. It can be somewhat fun if the civs are evenly matched on water. If it's like Ports vs France or something like that, it's plain stupid.

France vs Germany on Honshu could be interesting.

See my point?

It's just a really unbalanced map. I think water in general needs some balancing, while it's okay for certain civs to be stronger on water than others, it's pretty dumb how in this game certain civs absolutely dominate water (Brits, Ports, Aztec, Otto) and others completely suck (France, Germany, Sioux, Iro). It's mostly because of Schooners. I think they should either get rid of the card or give it to everybody.

The water imbalance is fine on maps where it's possible to win without taking water, but that is really not a realistic option on Honshu. It also can give such a huge boost to whichever civs can utilize it that if a person takes water unchecked, they get almost an auto-win unless they are effectively rushed. It's ill-conceived imo.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I couldn't agree with you more, KK. I've run into more than my share of really bad players who just played Ports on water, and I never stood a chance. Absolutely nothing works. Booming gets outboomed by schooners, rushing gets shredded by 2 CM TCs, and FFing gets trashed by a spam fueled by an unstoppable economy. There's literally NOTHING you can do!
Groovy.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I asked naturephoenix about the maps and they did change standard maps, but he didnt know if it was going to be in the patch.

Played a non rated team game with him and some other top players (parfait, H20) in the morning when almost nobody was playing.

Honshu is so imbalanced, I really dont like pure water maps. I do like mud maps, where you have a choice at least.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Honshu is so crappy, and not just for the water...
With Brits, by the time I hit colonial age, I have no more trees and hunts near-by

suxxor map
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""luukje""]I asked naturephoenix about the maps and they did change standard maps, but he didnt know if it was going to be in the patch.

Played a non rated team game with him and some other top players (parfait, H20) in the morning when almost nobody was playing.

Honshu is so imbalanced, I really dont like pure water maps. I do like mud maps, where you have a choice at least.[/quote]

That's a pretty OP unrated game.
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""severebeating""]Mac,

Didn't you tell me that if they increased Aztec's strength too much you would find another civ to play???
:)[/quote]

Yes. I'd rather play a civ that's average or just below average and leave the complaining to the people playing stronger civs. At first glance, this patch seems to give us relatively balanced civs.

Mac
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I don't know that Aztecs will be considered overly strong by any means in the next patch - it's too early to tell - but I think there will be a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon with these changes, and the Aztecs will certainly be a lot better off than they were before.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I don't know if anyone has checked it out or not, but someone made a "fan patch" for playtesting....

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... pic=104574
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Sounds like it has a lot of inconsistencies, and you can only play with other people through Hamachi. I'll just wait for the real thing.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I wonder when that'll be. Tomorrow? Tuesday is generally the release day, and tomorrow is the last Tuesday "before the end of winter"