Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: PATCH NOTES RELEASED!!!

Post by KingKaramazov »

From Ourk:
"
Exactly, it doesn't work as it used to be, the game is drastically changed.
You don't go Skirmishers by default anymore, you make some if you need to counter HI and HI only.
Here you go, it's an RTS smile.gif"

This changes so much about the game it's crazy. I'm not sure how true it is. Cavalry is probably going to be a lot stronger in general now, though, but luckily I don't think the Sioux will be as pwnage.

Generally I think people will be staying in Colonial much more often. Civs like Iro and Spain may be better off there, or may be forced to stay in Colonial simply because they'd be too vulnerable to a rush otherwise.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Well, we won't see Cyclo online for awhile. He's got some spreadseets to update.... ;)
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I'm thinking I'm gonna be playing some Germans and Russians....

Or maybe I'll start Aztec rushing :P

Oh yea, and....can anybody say useless lancer cards for Spain? Half of their fortress shipments are now more like Colonial shipments. They'll be almost better off shipping resource crates.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I can see Uhlans raiding while doing some eco-FF as a very potential strat.
removing that penalty vs villy and removing the TC bonus vs Cav might be wrong...
But we'll see, I'm looking fwd to play again :D

China might still be very strong, and anti cav got seriously boosted, not just a little
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Wow, looking at that patch... I'm really going to have to stop playing Brits. :(

I think they did a great job with Japan, Spain, Ports, BB issues too. A few changes I don't really understand but on the whole not too bad at all.

French-no change!!!! They really should have done something to French mid-late game IMO, nevermind.

I think Aztecs got a really good deal out of it though.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

At first sight, W T F DID YOU DO TO MY IROS?

At a second sight my loved kanyas got a huge boost (ranged infantry sucking plus hp) and aennas too. Iro colo now looks better, they removed the all out *** rush that I used vs dutch (who got nerfed as hell, what do they do in colo now? pike/cav with 8 skir? ^^). Tomas now don't lose to qiang pikes... but wait. They took away 5% hitpoints from wc, plus 5% combat from card. BOYARS IS WAY WORSE, IT BOOSTS THE COMBO STREL/CAV AND NO NERF FOR THEM. What else do we have here? FP nerf. Hoho 20 atk from 21 ._. I'll have to mix in fp toma and cav. It won't be much of a problem I hope.

Conclusion: it will not be such a game winner but they made iro more fun to play (I hope). Ty ES.

Dear Japs,

I loved you since the demo and you got a huge boost. I'm not and I wasn't a fan of spamming ashi cards, still, I appreciate that you finally gave some hp boost card so that they don't die like flies so easily. Thank ES for not nerfing Golden Pavillion, they must have been blind or sth, and thanks for the boost to shrines - shrine booming now makes some sense. The boost to orchards is also nice and now, since ffing doesn't make much sense, I think japs will be good.

India

I've cut relations with India a long time ago, I think this patch is exactly what India needed to be top civ.

Sioux

LOL BOOM HEADSHOT. They got worse than iro. Gj ES. Their only hope is rushing now and pets got nerfed and less 100w is nice too. Still, I don't know what they mean with war dog like pets.

German

Uhlan ''the cav destroyer'' plus skirm ftw? Not to mention the uhlan raiding is back. Smells like top civ.

Dutch

Got weaker overall. I hope they rest in peace but idk.

Chinese

I'm looking forward to play them, they seem to be less ghey but they got weird.

Aztec

I hope they don't get even more broken with this with this boosts to their army. Still the firepit was their soul and it got nerfed.

Ports

They look playable now. Caçadores are fps now, all hail caça/goon combo?

Russia

I hope LI* nerf was enough for them. Let's see if it leaves my hatelist of civs. (For those wondering it used to be DUTCH, china, russia and depending on the day sioux)

Otto

Seem to be better in teamgames now and less map dependant, they still forgot that they boosted them on water maps.

Spain

Poor Spain. That's all I have to say. Still, they may benefit from the LI* nerf.

CONCLUSION: They nerfed my civs (except jap) but boosted my style, micro matters more now. I'll always like iro so I'll find some way to keep playing them.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Hm, don't know what i should say about it. Have to wait and see how my Brits will do. Maybe the germans are back :).
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

poor sioux, I was just starting to like em :(
that 100 wood crate removed is a bit too much

Sporting, to which otto boost are you referring when u said: 'boosted on water maps?'
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

So, how will these changes affect our tournament?
If the patch is going to be relased "before spring", that means the next 10 days...
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

They boosted mosques to compensate the silk road nerf but they didn't take nothing away from water maps (offshore support is industrial age). Mosque ups are cheaper and it provides xp.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I am so happy that Sioux got nerfed. Remember though that cav got helped a lot and Sioux cav raiding will still own.

Germany does look to be in a good position. Crossbows better against HI and Uhlans not as weak versus RI / better at raiding.

Spain isn't in such a bad predicament, they just have to use different shipments now. Many of the lancer / rod shipments are now useless, but Spain will focus a lot more on Colonial and building their eco while harassing. The FF will probably still be strong since the Lancer / Rod combo is much stronger than before. Spain just won't be about shipment spamming anymore.

Iro should be interesting. FPs won't own everything that moves anymore since they do less damage and have a negative multiplier versus cavalry. Iro Colonial might actually be worthwhile. Aennas are actually a decent unit now, especially with all their potential upgrades, although the Aenna shipments are still probably not worth the resources.

I think France will be about the same in terms of power, but will be worse off since most of the other "balanced to UP" civs got significant boosts. Germany / Russia and maybe even Portugal will be better off than France IMO.

Dutch is probably fudged since they are much weaker against rushes now (MUCH slower start). Dutch will still be strong once they get going, but it'll be a lot harder for them to do that.

China...remains to be seen. The anti-cav boosts are very nice, but disciples are basically more expensive war dogs now, and like I said, most of their wonders suck monkey balls. Also you can't spam the hell out of hand mortars and expect to do anything useful with them. I expect that hand mortars will be used a lot less now, probably only to counter artillery.

Aztecs will own colonial but have a tougher time in fortress since skirms will actually counter Eagles effectively now due to their increased multiplier and lower ERK damage. The days of Eagle massing are gone. THANK GOD.

I'm not sure what Otto will be like now. Getting the villager techs early and doing some kind of defensive boom with Otto might actually be a viable strategy, and TPs won't be as much a part of their gameplay.

BTW, when they say pets were changed to be like war dogs they mean their damage was reduced and their multipliers were increased against treasure guardians (pets were really meant to help you get treasures and not much else). I'm almost certain this is what they mean. No more mass Janeys owning your colonial units, although pets will still be useful as shields probably.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

From Ourk:

"I think you don't realise the changes either.
Coyote totally own RIs now. Puma already used to totally own Cavalry.
Maces didn't own HI that well, now they do. I can tell you they fckin own HI like flies (how it should be !).
You can mix all 3 types of units from 1 building which also shot, you have good cards including many Maces (19 maces alone is more than enough to take care of HI during a rush).

I'm more worried on Aztecs being too good than too bad smile.gif"

This is what I am afraid of too.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

This means that the rule RI/LI* comes first got substituted by the rule cav comes first. At least cav can run away from their counters (in colo) while HI can't (except for ashis hoho :p).
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yea, the game won't be dominated by ranged infantry anymore. Instead, cavalry will be the way to go (much as it was in AoK).
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

otto -100 wood is big nerf for water boom too
that's 2.5 schooner ships less