Dutch vs Sioux

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Dutch vs Sioux

Post by LaZy »

heheheh Ive been playing against nothing but OP civs, with my own OP dutch. This time I took on a Major. If u age 30 secs b4 a sioux playa and send those 8 pikes real fast any sioux playa will b in trouble.

Short quick game 2 watch.

Out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Dutch vs Sioux

Post by KingKaramazov »

Some Sioux players don't know enough to protect themselves against the pikeman rush, but against a smarter / more experienced player you won't get away with it.

BTW, you've been doing quicksearch, did you expect you'd be facing anything but OP civs? :P
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MrChristy »

Now this may sound stupid but couldn't he just build some barracks behind his stable, make 10 cetans and kill them?
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

while hs biulding, you seige the warhut lol or when its up it will be easy to kill it will be on low health lol, pike rush can be bloomin annoying!!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

If the Sioux player just sends some Warclubs or Cetans as soon as he gets to Colonial the pike rush will most likely fail.

Then do some AR raiding and they quickly get the advantage. But at least you delay their FF.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

8 pikes beating a sioux major?
ROFL
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Ok, I watched this one last night. It's clear that the pikes caught the guy by surprise. BTW, for those of you who haven't watched, it was far more than 8 pikes that brought this guy down. The focus fire on the chief and bringing him down really put a damper in this guy. gg lazy.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

The 8 pikes mention was with regard that it was my 1st colonial card played, and that it came realy fast. Big risk 4 dutch 2 play that card so early cos its costs 8 pop and u dont get that 700 much needed wood booost either (which is normally any Dutch´s 1st col card)

Out
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Clash of two future UP civs?

I sure hope so. :D
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I, as port, have lost to a dutch that pike rushed. It's really deadly if unexpected.
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

I, as dutch allmost get killed by a japanese that tried sohei rush. Only thing saved me was that my settlers killed his daymo before he could get his second batch there. When they were walking to me (the second batch+extra troops) I could get enough recources to get the 15 mm. I had full eco and fortressed after that and he gave up. It doesn't happen often that your settlers save you in combat :)

The game was against ktkr a 2000 player :)
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer