Honorary Member
Honorary Member

KK vs Drew

Post by KingKaramazov »

KingKaramazov vs 36drew
French vs French
Orinoco
Watch the game!

French mirror time! A very interesting matchup. This game was close, and I mean C-L-O-S-E. I thought it was a good game and a good watch, so I decided to post it. I won't say who won - watch.

There were mistakes on both sides, but I think both of us played well, nonetheless, if I do say so myself.

I'll say two things though -- Drew does some truly nasty Cuirassier raiding in this game (at one point I lost around 15 CDBs at once I think), and the Tirailleur card absolutely owns.

Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: KK vs Drew

Post by 36drew »

GG boss. :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

huh? who won?
drew was leading big time in eco (+-50% more vils) and had tons of resources...

good watch though!

@Drew: you should not be so scared of pikes when u have so many cuirs, running around trying to avoid battle is why you lost em imo. You're better of fighting the pikes. Area dmg pwns
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I was partially helped by my positioning in that final battle. The smaller space let me take full advantage of his cavalry's bad pathing and also prevented too many cuirs from attacking in one place at once (somewhat negating the strength of their area damage).
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]huh? who won?
drew was leading big time in eco (+-50% more vils) and had tons of resources...

good watch though!
[/quote]

I forgot that recorded games don't make it clear exactly who won if the game ends up being very close.

Spoiler (highlight and paste it somewhere to read it):
I won, Drew resigned after I took down his TC and killed his cav. He may have had an economic advantage but he had no TC and only a few skirms, and my economy was still sturdy enough to continue producing pikes to take down the rest of his buildings / kill his villagers before he could make a comeback. It was indeed a very close game, though. If he had killed my skirms, it would have been over for me. It just turned out that I managed to kill his cav, which was GG for him.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Couldn't drew still spamm xbows from 2 raxed there? you didn't had that many skirms left and you were mainly making pikes at that time.
Eco advantage was rather big, but GG for sure !
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I had at least 25 skirms, which would be enough to deal with any smaller groups of units he made. Plus, my pikemen could easily take down most of his unit production buildings before they got anything out, and it was only a matter of time before I found all of his villagers.

I get your point, though.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

If it was a rated game I would have played it out for sure -- still think I was toast at any rate though.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

it's no biggy ofc, but i've seen some amasing come-backs lately that this was def something I'd continue fighting, but being just a training/fun game changes the settings a bit.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

very nice game 2 watch. Shows that u can outboom urself if ur not 2 careful! Also shows that even if u do get raided and have like have as many vills as ur oponent thats its still possible 2 win.

Out