What to do against Chinese?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What to do against Chinese?

Post by ruminator »

I have tried a number of races, most recently Dutch, Sioux and Russia against Chinese.

I have heard that they have weak anti-cav, but in age 2 their steppe riders and pikes seem to do okay and I was playing people who get redcoats in fortress from their consulate.

I can eventually kill their mortars, but by running loads of cav through the musketeers to get them. They then outnumber my military at least 2:1 - gg!

Against a similar skilled opponent, what can you really do? I don't go for the Sioux > Chinese, as even if you do try to spam rifle riders they'll outnumber your troops about 3:1 and you can't get the mortars if they look after them.

Arrrgh!! :twisted:
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: What to do against Chinese?

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Try to make loads of cav and skirm-type units. You don't have much of a chance anyway :\
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

sioux, AR, then wakina + AR
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Problem with Sioux FF is you will only about 10 rifle riders + similar number of axe riders by the time they hit your base. They'll have 9 disciples, 7 hand mortars, 9 steppe riders and then their infantry by this time! I can't kill 50+ troops with 20 cav expecailly as they reinforce quicker than me as well!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

ruminator, in my experience it takes a water map for schooner boom and turtling to beat china. The longer the game goes on, the weaker the chinese player's units become. Really though, don't play against them until the patch comes out..against equally skilled players they are very difficult to beat!
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

try to turtle with brits, and use CM if he colo rushes
lb's pwn hard, and once your eco starts rolling, add hussars :twisted:
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

if you see a china player run like hell, theres no point in trying to win, except maybe if you play aztec, and somehow do a crazy buff to your buildings with town dance X_X + too many warhuts + crazy schooner boom

but no really just dont play as/against china until the patch comes, its a lost cause
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

All you have to do is cav spam. There's pretty much nothing he can do unless he vastly outnumbers you. Just mix in a few skirms to slaughter his pikes/changdao and he's helpless.
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]All you have to do is cav spam. There's pretty much nothing he can do unless he vastly outnumbers you. Just mix in a few skirms to slaughter his pikes/changdao and he's helpless.[/quote]

LOL

seriously Nav, if it was that easy, nobody would call China OP... but you play china right? ts ts ts
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I've done that against China before and it works. That's also at the lieut colonel/colonel level.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Tbh I haven't find any decent china lamer yet (in terms of qs, I'm not in any way saying you suck at laming :p). Despite some rare cases most of them lose if I manage to defend for time enough to add cav and make anti HI. You are forgetting that cav don't exactly counter discs :) Especially asian cav, but that's mostly my japs getting the nagis slaughtered by discs.

But I guarantee it will not work if the china player knows what he's doing :) Hence the OP thingy.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

That's why you don't let him get to fortress. Constantly build up your army of cav and once he does get to fortress, half his vils will be dead (slaughtering them while building the wonder) and 12 disciples won't be a problem.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

?? That's like saying to uhlan rush! How are you going to take down tc with cav? I suppose you mean that you will add pikes too? With what eco? He has got cards and mm to help him too (not even gonna mention discs). Plus a porcelain tower giving res no matter how many vills garrisoned.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

The porcelain tower is only worth 3-4 vils. That alone is nowhere near enough to sustain an economy.

And no, don't take down the TC. Keep the vils off of his wonder and in the TC. Kill any that stray too far from the TC. He will be completely pinned down and his wonder will take ages to build or he'll sacrifice a lot of vils getting it up.

In that time keep building up your army and 12 disciples alone won't stand a chance.

Also, Asian minutemen are worthless.
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

so china is not OP at all and needs an urgent boost !!!