General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

amasing game :)

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Here's a war story

I paired up with L&C for a 2v2. I played spain, L&C india (which he is still learning). It's on yellow river vs China and india combo. We started off strong, my rods pwn hard while L&C has mixed armies. They counter attack hard and L&C suffers heavy losses, but he rebuilds nicely while I keep the pressure. Suddenly, L&C lost his connection :neutral: , while we were ahead in points though and on the offensive. I continued fighting both, spamming rods mainly with some cannons mixed in. I think they pwned every possible unit they threw at me lol. I kept em boxed and tried to avoid them walling off. Having all TPs on resources, I deleted L&C native TP's and build mine to spam more units. I even started trade monopoly!
Eventually, one resigned and the other followed soon after. :twisted:
check out the stats :) Rods Pwn All

so lord, we won :-P

Oh yeah, during the game, my keyboard settings changes from azerty to querty ROFL, that was weird, I couldn't find some buildings anymore
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: amasing game :)

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Nice Win Chaos! I used to get wins like that all the time in C&C3 but in C&C3 when players dropped you got control of all their units and resources. In fact one teamate dropping in a 2v2 became a laming tactic. double money, two factions equaled an unstoppable rush.

Looking at the stats it appears you had double their combined Military pop at the point where L&C dropped. Also judging from the stats rods pwn diciples??

Good Jorb Spain is consistantly patch after expansion after patch a major contenda civ!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

oh yes, rods pwn disciples :mrgreen:
I think he made almost 200 of those 8O
Ivon_Blood
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Ivon_Blood »

Tht sounds awesome! do you have a record?
[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.[/quote]

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I have a war story...

I played two amazing games as Spanish vs Drew's France and apparently they weren't recorded so now I'm very disappointed.... :(

One was a very fun game on Honshu where I basically moved my whole base to the island on the bottom and gave him a hard time with ships until he finally went to Imperial, got a super amazing eco on the main island, and made a crapload of imperial gendarmes and culverins.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Ivon_Blood""]Tht sounds awesome! do you have a record?[/quote]

I dont think it was rec'd :(
Usually I ask to rec games, but I think we forgot this time
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yep, I absolutely hate when you have an awesome game and you forget to record.

From now on every game I play against Drew is going to be recorded...just in case.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

yeah, Drew showed me an very fast aztec rush the other day (of course I countered it and pwn'd him :P ) but when I wanted to watch the replay to see how he pulled it off, I realised we didn't rec it
D'OH
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Most exciting game I played in the last six months was me Dutch (1st ltnt) against some portugese (captain) on yucatan. 50 minutes of non stop action. As soon as I get the map I am thinking, Portugese on water map with a good player, that’s a water boom. What can I do as dutch, he will probably own my 4 bank FF with better micro and then just crush me in industrial.
So I go for an all out rush, trying some grenadier rush BO. He spots my forward builded foundry, so I think that’s game gone right there. I kill his explorer and go forward with 8 grenadiers and 8 pikemen from shipment, more under way. I can just crush his stable before he get’s it up, destroy some houses and attack his first TC. The Tc goes down, I can replace the lost grenadiers and see his dock. I want to attack but his 2 caravel stop me. The next moment he’s in fortress. I can just attack his second TC and his age up casadores, second TC goes down and the third to. Just before his third TC collapses he gets out mamelukes and they annihilate my force. He got the resources from his fishing fleet, with 2 docks producing.

With all the action I haven’t been building villagers continuously (I was housed to or creating more grenadiers). I send the cards I have left, 700 wood and bank wagon and colonial militia, after a couple of minutes he hits my base with mamelukes, pikes, crossbows and casadores. I just manage to keep him out losing some houses and barracks, but my economy is untouched. I rebuild and go fortress, so does he. I build saloon and get black rider and corsairs. I can crush his first attack, my corsairs eating his cassadores, mamelukes and and dragoons, my black riders against his hussar and organ guns. I counter and build halberds and falconets to complement my mercs, but his base is in the trees of Yucatan, making micro o so hard. I destroy another Tc, barracks, stable but cant come near the coast where he’s got caravel and frigate.
He’s building spies now so I need more halberds. I attack 2,3 times, destroying his military but I cant keep enough forces to clear his base.

I have eaten all the gold mines and I need extra time to build plantations. I start building boats to. He goes all out on dragoons and organs, with very good micro, but unfortenately for him corsairs counter them very well. I finally manage to build 5 falconets, a few culverins, with enough protection and start with a slow inch by inch attack. He throws everything at me, but I have all the counters now and I destroy his base. He doenst quit and rebuilds. I level his base again. He starts rebuilding another time but when my army arrives its finally GG. When I saw the stats it was crazy, we builded zounds of units. He never got his economy on full flow, and I just had the better counters (lucky with saloon).
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^I'm not giving out any advice anymore LOL. People copying my strats which I stole. JK. I really need to get back on track though. I've lost 8/9 now and down to PR 30 from 32.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""36drew""]^I'm not giving out any advice anymore LOL. People copying my strats which I stole. JK. I really need to get back on track though. I've lost 8/9 now and down to PR 30 from 32.[/quote]

u play with very low HC levels tbh.. maybe spent some time on getting one up to lvl 40 or 60 so all ur HC have that lvl, it gives u access to some important cards/politicians etc...
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Agree with Chaos, you would definitely benefit from higher HC levels -- some cards can really turn a game around or make or break a certain matchup, so leveling your HCs a bit could help you out a lot.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

and also leveling one, levels them al, remember gettig 1 to level 40 makes, all newly created hc's 40 also.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Well, except for the fact that Asian HCs and Euro / Native ones are separate, yes, that's true.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Well, except for the fact that Asian HCs and Euro / Native ones are separate, yes, that's true.[/quote]

That's not totally true. If u level a asian civ to 100 u get also for the europeans/natives level 100 hc when u create it.
Only u cannot get a asian 100 HC from a 100 european/natives HC