MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sam Christy vs Ivon_blood

Post by MrChristy »

Players me (pr20)and Ivon_blood (pr25)

Map: unsure

Civilisations: Iroquois vs British

A funny little game on a dry deserty map (don't know name :P) anyway this is my 3rd game with iroquois and you will see that I need to improve. Please post comments to help me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Sam Christy vs Ivon_blood

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Will watch this weekend and give some advice ;)
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MrChristy »

Cheers mate ;)
Ivon_Blood
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Ivon_Blood »

my brits are sucky :oops:

gg sam
[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.[/quote]

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Ivon isn't PR 25 but GG :P
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MrChristy »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Ivon isn't PR 25 but GG :P[/quote]

Stupid me! sorry Ivon I forget to check your sig! your actually 22 right?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Gonna watch now.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

This is a list of things that could be improved, not by any means judging you or saying you sucked

1. Don't ever, ever use The Chief politician again. The resource one/ messenger is way better for aging to colonial. Just pick the resource one every time :p

2. No need for firepit.

3. Use berries only as last option/ turtling. Scout for hunts when you don't have any close. In this case you had. Hunt rate is 0.8 while berries is 0.67 or sth - it does make a big difference.

4. Shipping 5 vills after the 600 coin shipment is a nice boost for your eco. Try it once and check how it helps your fp spam ;)

5. Be careful with your pop issues. The Wise Woman poli in colo gives you 100 precious wood that help you getting longhouses

6. Only waste the discovery travois in longhouse. All the others should be for war huts/corrals. Use the extra huts to make a circle around his base or secure some extra hunts/mines.

7. Nice raid with your fps.

8. Don't use the travois dance that way. It's only better when getting farms and plants up. For houses you should and must get 5-6 vills on wood depending on how much wood you need.

9. Gj using the kanya and the cuirassiers.

10. Get agrarian ways on your deck. Use the travois to get a farm and a plant up and get the upgrades for free, which not only do they boost farm and plant rate but they also boost hunt and mine rate.

11. Nice use of your military pressure to send in the rams. There is (I think it's still there) glitch with this guys. If you want to attack the tc, for example, if you use their cover mode they keep their attack normal while they have extra 50% armor vs ranged attacks! Check it out.

gg

Btw Ivon don't focus yourself too much in getting longbows. Hussars are more important. If you had gone fortress, you could have spammed falcs which are iro's big weakness.

There you go Sam, I hope you enjoyed my review :p Afterall you didn't make many erros, you're close to the main idea of playing iros ;)
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MrChristy »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]This is a list of things that could be improved, not by any means judging you or saying you sucked

1. Don't ever, ever use The Chief politician again. The resource one/ messenger is way better for aging to colonial. Just pick the resource one every time :p

2. No need for firepit.

3. Use berries only as last option/ turtling. Scout for hunts when you don't have any close. In this case you had. Hunt rate is 0.8 while berries is 0.67 or sth - it does make a big difference.

4. Shipping 5 vills after the 600 coin shipment is a nice boost for your eco. Try it once and check how it helps your fp spam ;)

5. Be careful with your pop issues. The Wise Woman poli in colo gives you 100 precious wood that help you getting longhouses

6. Only waste the discovery travois in longhouse. All the others should be for war huts/corrals. Use the extra huts to make a circle around his base or secure some extra hunts/mines.

7. Nice raid with your fps.

8. Don't use the travois dance that way. It's only better when getting farms and plants up. For houses you should and must get 5-6 vills on wood depending on how much wood you need.

9. Gj using the kanya and the cuirassiers.

10. Get agrarian ways on your deck. Use the travois to get a farm and a plant up and get the upgrades for free, which not only do they boost farm and plant rate but they also boost hunt and mine rate.

11. Nice use of your military pressure to send in the rams. There is (I think it's still there) glitch with this guys. If you want to attack the tc, for example, if you use their cover mode they keep their attack normal while they have extra 50% armor vs ranged attacks! Check it out.

gg

Btw Ivon don't focus yourself too much in getting longbows. Hussars are more important. If you had gone fortress, you could have spammed falcs which are iro's big weakness.

There you go Sam, I hope you enjoyed my review :p Afterall you didn't make many erros, you're close to the main idea of playing iros ;)[/quote]

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

One thing Sporting didn't mention, I don't know how much you did it it:

Abuse crackshot as much as possible! Keep your warchief in the middle or the back of your army so he stays alive to give your units extra HP, but use crackshot on concentrated groups of weaker lower HP units like cassadores / xbows / strelets etc, it is extremely useful.

You can literally fight off xbow / pike rushes simply by crackshotting over and over, it's kind of ridiculous.

Anyway, that's my .02 :D
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey