Re: Goals Thread

Post by kingchrisII »

Op civs are only fun cos its an easier win :P lol
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Well, winning is part of it, and winning is almost always fun.

But the sheer ease of OP / strong civs is what makes them so much fun. You don't feel like you're struggling just to be competitive with another civ. You never feel like you're at a significant disadvantage. Usually whatever bonus or aspect of the civ that makes it OP makes it fun to play.

For instance, the Sioux are lame as hell, but it's hard not to have fun not worrying about houses, having an army that moves faster than any other, and being able to spam incredibly cost effective skirmishers at a blinding rate.

Then you have the Dutch, with an economy that is practically automatic, and unlike the "automatic" Ottoman economy, it is really, really strong. Enough said.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Spain's more fun than Dutch and Otto owns both in fun. I don't like China's ''nvm about making different units just press one button and add cards'' gameplay.
But the sheer ease of OP / strong civs is what makes them so much fun.
The opposite is also true, the toughness of UP / weak civs is what makes them so much fun when you win. Altho some cases are just frustrating when you can't win at all.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Well, to a certain extent I agree with you, but usually I find with UP civs that their inherent weakness often makes me too frustrated when I lose to people who I know are worse than me and I have to try so much harder just to accomplish something that would have been so much easier with a stronger civ.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Ivon_Blood
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Ivon_Blood »

[quote=""Ivon_Blood""]My goal is to reach 1st Leutenant in the coming months :p will be a bit of a challenge as ive just reached master seargent....[/quote]

I reached my goal 8O :)

Now I want major! 8)
[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.[/quote]

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

My main goal is to improve my overall gameplay. Rank isn't that important, though it shows if you have improved or not.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

My main goal is to win the Death or Glory tournament and get a top 5 position in the FFA league :p
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I want to get to captain. I'm .5 or so away, but I haven't played rated in a while.

Heh.

We'll see what happens.

I haven't really been playing rated during the tournament time because each week I change the civ that I'm playing depending on what I plan on using.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I want to get to captain. I'm .5 or so away, but I haven't played rated in a while.

Heh.

We'll see what happens.

I haven't really been playing rated during the tournament time because each week I change the civ that I'm playing depending on what I plan on using.
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MrChristy »

I want to learn to play iroquois at a PR 24 sort of level and actually contribute something in team games with them :D
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

A nice goal: to beat every single other N3O member,lol

be prepared to be challenged!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Enjoy attempting to beat Nav, Sporting, and Drew.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

He doesn't have to beat them in 1v1. Just beat them, which is possible in team games..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

1900 ELO
I've never been anywhere near that, but they're goals, right. :neutral:
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

A goal for me. To play a game sometime before April...