Underpower Treasures thread - how should we boost them?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Underpower Treasures thread - how should we boost them?

Post by murdilator »

Another issue came to my attention, so I'd like to address it.

Several dozen treasures in this game are broken, meaning that they have either too many guardians for their loot or just aren't worth it mid-lategame. What I propose it to boost them in a fun way.

Thus, the Cibola Treasures will be witnessing about +100% Resource boost, various 350 food treasures will be increased by +20% or so, some XP Treasures will be increased from 480 XP to 1000 XP, etc. Believe it or not, this does not make the treasure overpowered. Generally you have to spend 5 Musketeers to take a big treasure anyways, so this more than refunds you.

Also, Polar Bear treasures will be improved, as well as Pirate Loot, which is 550 coin instead of 235 coin.

I had another idea to increase the effect of treasures the more you advance in age. Thus in Industrial/Imperial you could get more resources from them. I have done some testing with this very same thing mentioned, and unfortunately, it is not working so properly. It seems that since the Japanese Monk Card gives better resource rewards from treasures, its like an either or - that Imperial Age or that makes Treasures give more resource wealth
from treasures. Nevertheless, it is surprisingly easy to modify treasures.

I include a small download with the Custom Treasures. All you have to do to install is to unzip the downloaded folder, and copy and paste the Nuggets.xml into Local Disk/%UserProfile%/Program Files(86x)/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires III/Data and it will work. If you have Age of Empires III on steam, you have to use the following path: Local Disk/%UserProfile%/Program Files(86x)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Age Of Empires III, and copy and paste Nuggets.xml into there.

To uninstall it, simply click and drag Nuggets.xml out of the folder. The coolest part is that if you select Nuggets.xml, click 'open with', and open with Notepad, you can edit the treasure values yourself as you see fit.

List of Age0Techs, in case you want a specific civilization to have a modifier:

'Age0Dutch'
'Age0Ottoman'
'Age0French'
'Age0British'
'Age0Russian'
'Age0German'
'Age0Spanish'
'Age0Portuguese'
'Age0XPIroquois'
'Age0XPSioux'
'Age0XPAztec'
'ypAge0Indians' & 'ypAge0IndiansSpecialTechs'
'ypAge0Japanese' & 'ypAge0JapaneseSpecialTechs'
'ypAge0Chinese' & 'ypAge0ChineseSpecialTechs'

General Age Techs:

'Colonialize' -
'Fortressize'
'Industrialize'
'Imperialize'

List of Hero units used in standard game (their names in the proto):

'Hero' - all Hero units, including campaign characters and Explorer Dogs
'Explorer'
'ypMonkJapanese'
'ypMonkJapanese2'
'ypMonkIndian'
'ypMonkIndian2'
'ypMonkChinese'
'ypMonkChinese2'
'xpLakotaWarchief'
'xpIroquoisWarchief'
'xpAztecWarchief'

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521