Anyone notice

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Anyone notice

Post by Soccerman771 »

Who then new top player in N3O is by ELO now? It's not Harley anymore....I wonder how long it stays this way......
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Anyone notice

Post by 36drew »

Well, plop is CLEARLY the best team player in the clan. While Nav is CLEARLY the best 1v1 player in the clan. Can't really compare the two.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

And just imagine those 2 guys when Russia and India get boosted!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Russia's getting a boost?? Woot! My best civ is gettin' better...hehehe

Any idea what it's going to be?
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

There's no certainty whatsoever that Russia will be boosted. More likely that India will be.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

IMO, they both aint even that bad!!
russia better, and what kind of boost, late game is already good, decent rush, just lack of anti cav age 2 isuppose
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I think Russia should get some small boosts in certain areas and some small nerfs in others. Quite a balanced civ already IMO.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Yeah, you can bet Sevastopol is going to be looking at a nerf.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""kingchrisII""]IMO, they both aint even that bad!!
russia better, and what kind of boost, late game is already good, decent rush, just lack of anti cav age 2 isuppose[/quote]

Gets me killed many times...
jtackel@hotmail.com

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Sevastopol will be nerfed. And plop is an amazing team player ;) Really good and experienced.
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

You know,
I would like some of the top N3O players to tell me what in the hell I am doing wrong. I have beaten Majors in 1v1 and in team games but not repeatedly. I'd say my skill level is around 1st to 2nd lieutenant (regardless of what my rating says) in both team and 1v1.

I obviously know the stats and how everything counters everything but I cannot seem to take it to the next level. I know this requires more practice (and possibly sticking to one civ but there are advantages in swapping civs repeatedly as well), but that is not an option. I need shortcuts. So my question is as follows:

What are the fundamental differences between 1v1 and team games?

1.) Larger maps...
2.) Slightly more time to prepare to defend...
3.) More dependence of ally / exploit weaken enemy...

What am I missing? Why is it Nav has more trouble in team games and Plop has more trouble in 1v1? It's the same game, what is so different?
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]You know,
I would like some of the top N3O players to tell me what in the hell I am doing wrong. I have beaten Majors in 1v1 and in team games but not repeatedly. I'd say my skill level is around 1st to 2nd lieutenant (regardless of what my rating says) in both team and 1v1.

I obviously know the stats and how everything counters everything but I cannot seem to take it to the next level. I know this requires more practice (and possibly sticking to one civ but there are advantages in swapping civs repeatedly as well), but that is not an option. I need shortcuts. So my question is as follows:

What are the fundamental differences between 1v1 and team games?

1.) Larger maps...
2.) Slightly more time to prepare to defend...
3.) More dependence of ally / exploit weaken enemy...

What am I missing? Why is it Nav has more trouble in team games and Plop has more trouble in 1v1? It's the same game, what is so different?[/quote]

I think just speed is what you need. You do everything right most of the time (just do it faster). :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

a good teamplayer need to be able to read the situation well and give the commands to your teammates.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Nav has better micro / flexible strategy, Plop is better at booming and getting a certain type of unit out with good upgrades / plus working with teammates.

That's why they are better at different things, and it really comes from the fact that Nav mostly plays 1v1 and Plop mostly plays team.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

As KK said, it's mostly play styles.

In 1v1 it's better to keep the pressure on your opponent and keep him down. Spamming isn't viable and you WILL lose if you do it. 1v1 players also have better micro than team players 99% of the time. 1v1 players are also better at improv and adapting their strategies to the situation.

Team players, however, are better at working together and doing strategies they came up with in advance. In team, whoever spams units into the opponent's base more quickly wins. Micro doesn't really matter when hordes of units are involved.
Groovy.