[N3O Patch] Iro vs Dutch on GP

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

[N3O Patch] Iro vs Dutch on GP

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

A few notes: Iro units are too cheap and Longhouses are also cheap and xp giving. Yet iro loses because skirmishers are poorly countered by kanyas: skirmishers deal 0.875x instead of 0.75x vs kanyas (16.7%+ damage) and also have +.20 speed, while kanyas keep their 6.75 speed instead of having 6.875 speed like other cav units.

Also, while skirmishers got a fancy hit n run boost (more dmg vs cav, the hit n run counter, and a little more speed), aennas got dmg vs cav that is useless because they're an archer, not a ranged unit, and have to sit down to properly use their damage output.

Ruyters and ranged cav overall got their damage improved vs vills, which is insane they're not hard countered by anything like hand cav is (aka dying in seconds to ranged cav). Remember how ERK's bonus vs villagers had to be removed exactly for the same reason.

Overall good play from Jerom and should be a pretty good game to watch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: [N3O Patch] Iro vs Dutch on GP

Post by jerom »

Sporting_Lisbon wrote: A few notes: Iro units are too cheap and Longhouses are also cheap and xp giving. Yet iro loses because Jerom is OP

haha fixed it for you :-)

But I agree with your points... Tho I really like the feeling of slightly faster skirms.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: [N3O Patch] Iro vs Dutch on GP

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

jerom wrote:
Sporting_Lisbon wrote: A few notes: Iro units are too cheap and Longhouses are also cheap and xp giving. Yet iro loses because Jerom is OP

haha fixed it for you :-)

But I agree with your points... Tho I really like the feeling of slightly faster skirms.
QQ

Faster skirms are a nice change indeed, but the 0.75x vs cav really needs to come back. Aenna and cetans need a little something too (they don't have the lb's rate of fire nor the insta-shooting of skirmishers, they're left somewhere in between), although that needs further testing.