British against Dutch

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Jack85
Private
Private

British against Dutch

Post by Jack85 »

Hey , With my british i have some problems with dutch but i had a strat which i do versus them but i don't know how good it is.

My strat is AGE I 17 settlers until i have 800 food
then age II --> tower forward Lb harassement and Go age 3 then I try to handle the dutch with manor boom and Agressive style

Can you give me some tips?

Thank you Jack85 :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: British against Dutch

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

sounds good, but I'd stay a bit longer in age II and boom while massing lb's (add some musks as well)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

If you think they are going FF then you could go for a double rax pike rush with l-bow support, or a gren rush with musk. Or you could go for a massive age 2 manor boom and hope to beat them in fortress.
The problem I get with Dutch as Brits is if I don't beat them before they are set up in fortress then I struggle to beat mass halbs and cannon.
I think you need to push as much as you can in colonial.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

longbows beat both cannons and halbs in early fortress...
I tried spamming cannons at Drew the other day, but longbows just beat em cost wise
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Strat sounds good. Got a record somewhere where Ourk played like this vs a dutch player, though i think he stayed in Age2 und took out the cannons with Lbs and Pike support.
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]longbows beat both cannons and halbs in early fortress...
I tried spamming cannons at Drew the other day, but longbows just beat em cost wise[/quote]

I humbly disagree, finding this very difficult to believe. If by early fortress you mean before i have mass cannons then okay maybe, but 7 falcs outranging lb's by 4 area 3 damage, cmon now, even if you spread out formation they be dead, with yes some damage to my falcs, prolly a few dead, but so what, im dutch, theres 10 more falcs on the way by then.

otoh, LB and culv n a lil anti cav, yikes, my worst nightmare as dutch, means ill have to spam culvs to counter and then bam like u say lb will be quite effective. friggin 34 range on culvs tough to deal with, gotta keep my falcs too far back to protect my culvs from even your lb or cav.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

you cant mass 7 cannons with longbows all around your TC... but even if you have that

it takes a bit less than 50 lb's to one shot kill a falc
they have ROF 1.5
your cannons will go down fast, really.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

I agree that you need to harrass them in colonial. Dutch weakness is that they have very few colonial military shipments. Harrass with LB and kill their inevitable 8 pike shipment, they then have little anti-cav so send you hussars shipment in and threaten their settlers but don't let them die.

They will either then drop a stable themselves or try to build some pike. Either option forces a short term draw on wood and so slowing them down in their push to fortress. Keep spamming LB and then send 700 gold and follow them up. Culv and dragoons are then a good partner for your LB.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Lb's pwn cannons -- you can debate the numbers all you want, but in real game play that is usually the way it pans out. Especially if you use the spread formation and reduce cannon damage by 40-60%. It's huge. I almost always go pike + lb or lb + hussar vs dutch.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

Yeah, with a nice amount of lbows, say 30+ theyu own cannons so fast 5 will not do a lotwhile they are setting up, and a good 2/3 will die by then!!