Terminator

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Terminator

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

So, here's a question for all the Americans. Any of you been watching the new series "The Sarah Conner Chronicles"? I think the first series has finished in the US but we had the first episode over here on Thursday. I thought it was quite good, I was wondering what you thought of it after seeing the whole series?

I loved the Terminator films, but the one thing with those films for me was that Arnie made those films, it takes a bit of getting use to without him being a terminator but I still enjoyed it. What are your views of the series guys?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Terminator

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I <3 swarzy the terminator :D
Didn't know about that series, good you mention it, will try to watch it too!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I've never bothered to watch it (I've never been a fan of TV). I did enjoy the movies, though. Especially the second one.
Groovy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]I've never bothered to watch it (I've never been a fan of TV). I did enjoy the movies, though. Especially the second one.[/quote]

Ditto. I remember when the 2nd one came out and was a new release. Great movie (and soundtrack). I haven't watched the new series. I thought the premiers for the series were full of bad lines and nothing impressive. I don't think I could watch it without Arnold being the terminator...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

LOL. Arnold is far too old and too busy to play Terminator. Well I would like to know who will take his place, but it will not be the same.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Yeah, some of the acting from one guy was a little "wooden" in the first episode, and like I said... without Arnie as the Terminator it's not quite the same. But I loved the whole storyline and setup of the films (the 3rd wasn't as good as the first 2 IMO) so I want to try and get into the series.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""]LOL. Arnold is far too old and too busy to play Terminator. Well I would like to know who will take his place, but it will not be the same.[/quote]

Um, Sly Stalone is 63 or something and just did a new Rambo movie. Arnold's in his 50's.. and I bet the Governator is in better shape. If he did do a movie, it'd probably be the first time a sitting Governor made a movie in which he was the main character..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Terminator is 60 btw
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

the first one was a classic.
And who better to play a simple killing machine than the governator?
I watched that movie when I was 10 years old, on a late nite...man it was scary for me then...
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Only weekly series I pay any attention to is Lost.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I just borowed the the DVD series Lost from my brother and Im completely hooked!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yea man, Lost owns.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I tried watching the Terminator as it has Serenity in it from the Movie (same name) and the Fire Fly scifi series that Fox crushed before it had a chance. I watched maybe 3 episodes and wasn't hooked. I'm really becoming a non-tv kinda person these days.

Govenator could make a movie but, he'll never make it past Henry Kissinger politically for the same reasons!! No following in Regan's footsteps for Arnie.

Lost was okay, the suspense was too gimicky.

HBO series ROME and DEADWOOD were my favorites, I got them on DVD long after they were done. Makes it hard to go back to heavily censored and writing catering to running the series forever and mainstream demographic appeasement!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Firefly was awesome. I found out about it when it after it was canceled. I couldn't believe it it was such a good show, best sci-fi series for a while.

The first two seasons of lost are good after that it just gets increasingly weird and this 4th season I ani't got a clue where they are going with it.

Rome was great especially because I had just started reading the Emperor series by Conn Iggulden.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I used to watch Carnivale series. Shame it was cancelled.
And this summer there was something with skeet ulrich on a atom bomb terrorist assault, forgot the name.
But I heared that show was to be cancelled to.

If I watch something, its gonna get cancelled,lol.

edit: just remembered: Jericho!