Diablo 3 Beta

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Diablo 3 Beta

Post by 36drew »

Anyone here get the D3 beta? I just realized I did and am downloading ATM. Reviews?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Diablo 3 Beta

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yes i do for 2 and a half months.
game's fun but there are a couple of things which gripe me: abilities scaling with your weapon, makes it kinda boring, no talent tree, only 4 people in games (why not 6? 8 was a bit too much but ?)
then we have the way they let you experience the story, i dislike the lore books because they systemize it, i think the storytelling should be more loose.
the new ways of aquiring skills (and outting them onto you action tab) couped with the runes that affect your skills, they promise that we will have a greater variety than in D2. you also can't put your status points anymore after each level up. they also want to emphasize on random item generation which could lead to more individual items, rather than the few op runewords and uniques you had in D2.
the crafting in this game is much much better in D2, you just salvage magical or rare items and get tools from which you craft new gear.
the same things which are bad for sc2 haunt d3 too: the bnet interface. if they don't improve any of it, i see the game suffering from it.
the Real money Auction Hous is a topic for itself, i don't like it but it was natural for them to add it. you can choose to put your sales to only ingame gold or for real bucks. and if you play hardcore there isn't even the RMAH! because when you die you lose all, and no way blizzard can arrange that with real money.

the game is also very casualfriendly, with helps and hints everywhere, but with today's patch they doubled the monster's attack damage. let's see how it will turn out

you can add me on bnet 2.0 so we can play some games, i PM'ed you the details
=D
damn, the new patch put the requirements for the items a bit higher, i can't use 3 of my items anymore =S

Patch Notes:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123246179
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Diablo 3 Beta

Post by Comadevil »

I get the beta next week