N3O Member
N3O Member

R3 Harley14 vs I__CHAOS__I

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Chaos vs Nav
brits vs aztecs
map: yellow river
winner: chaos

well, out of 100 games I could probably beat Nav once... and this was that game. I boom as hard as I can with virginia company card while Nav harasses me from both sides of the map. I get some towers up and defend with longbows while boosting my eco (market & cards). I think Nav lost because he destroyed lots of my manors, which i replaced (for 87 wood) quickly to get a free villy. Eventually my eco is strong enough to push him out and slowly win the game. I waste my army at some point at his TC but with fencing school + standing army I have 100 longbows back in no time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: R3 Harley14 vs I__CHAOS__I

Post by KingKaramazov »

Wow. Nice job. Nav can't be happy about this one.

I'll give it a watch!

I doubt this will have a large effect on the final matchup, however.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Very well played Chaos! Although at times your economy was a little bit lopsided, you boomed very well and you always had at least a 20 vill advantage over Nav, which is the chief reason why you won.

Once you destroyed Nav's base on your side of the map, the momentum was so much in your favor that the game was basically over. I know Nav likes being aggressive, but I can't help but think that once his early-game harassment failed to cripple you, he might have consolidated his side of the map more and tried to boom himself with production dance. In that case he might have been able to overpower you.

As it was, he stayed completely aggressive and invested himself so much on your side of the map with that base that once he lost it, there wasn't much left between you and him.

I agree with you about destroying houses, too. That's one thing you shouldn't do against a British player -- destroy lots of their manors. It's giving them more free villagers rather than hurting them, especially since they already have so many houses you can't possibly destroy enough to stop their production. He should have focused more on killing villagers and then saving his pumas until he was ready to kill your TC or at least your barracks and other production buildings.

GG
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

481 longbows FTW...

Neither of you took to the water?? Even after he got his age up caravel, he didn't fish with it. Great game I have to say.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Ah christ. Now I have to play nav next round LOL. I'll have to watch this rec.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

sorry Drew ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant