General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kinda funny

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

the higher you go in leagues, the more zerg players you'll find
in master and diamond, they're even the most played race (in this new season 3), i bet because of all the recent talk about zerg being so good and such

http://sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/all/all
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Kinda funny

Post by Comadevil »

Interesting find. Thx
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

IMO, zerg need an infestor nerf (and I play Z!).
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andre_1993 »

True story, infestors are way too good.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Well high templars and ghost counter infestors quite effectively. They are really good in ZvZ roach wars but when mutas come in they arent as useful anymore. Imo we just need a bit more time for the match ups to develop so i dont think a nerf is needed.

Now that i think of it they must be really good in lowers levels..  :o
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

ghosts and HT are cool until they get parasited and EMP/Feedback themselves  ;D

And how come infestors aren't good against mutas?with their tenancy to bunch up Id figured they would be quite good no? could any one enlighten me?
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Well they are good if the mutaing player is awful.. ::) They were better when fungal had longer duration cause it gave more time for queens/hydras to clean up the mutas from longer range. spread out the mutas and use magic box. pure infestors wont do it but when they add hydras they need to waste more fungals then they used to cause of the short duration.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

but therefore the fungal does MUCH more damage.
it clearly is OP and will be nerfed 100%. everybody says that, even zerg players and the pros^^
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

If they are op then why doesnt korean zergs use them as much? Because korean terrans and protosses know how to fight infestors :)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

because they have trouble getting to them. and you need a couple for them to be effective, 1-2 infestors is no problem
you see how tough the agression MMA and Mvp put on the zerg is.

i forgot to mention the bonus damage to armored units
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

So they are hard to get and once u get them they can be countered, still op?  :o

I also think they are going to be nerfed because they are really good in lower levels and blizzard wants to balance the game for all levels of play. By lower level i mean about anyone who isnt code a/s. Even all the foreign "pros".
but therefore the fungal does MUCH more damage
I dont think they do more damage (exept against armored) but the same damage faster/higher dps which also means they do same damage for the same energy cost they used to do.
Last edited by HeJurmhoanni on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well i guess BF hellions will also get nerfed, though they should only adjust their damage done to workers. Else hellions will be useless
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andre_1993 »

yeah blueflame hellions are very good.. just some hits and your workerline is done.

but i dont think they are useless if their damage to workers will decrease.. against marines/zerg and banelings they are good.. even without blueflame good to harras workers.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

The problem with blueflame hellions is not the damage they do against workers its the fact that even if the defending player defends perfectly he'll still lose some workers. Its not like reavers or storm drops in scbw cause if u caught the drop in time u could run away your workers and the drop would do no damage. Against hellions u cant run away but u have to spread out and hope the hellions kill as little as possible. That being said, i think pros should start doing clever walls to prevent hellions running freely around the mineral field. The hellion style is still so new so id say give it a bit more time before nerfing or anything.

EDIT: Another thing id like to point out is that the hellions are essentially the only unit that can produce epic comebacks in sc2 atm so taking that away would be sad. Imo add more that kind of stuff.
Last edited by HeJurmhoanni on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

HeJurmhoanni wrote: That being said, i think pros should start doing clever walls to prevent hellions running freely around the mineral field. The hellion style is still so new so id say give it a bit more time before nerfing or anything.
they are already doing that.

a bit less damage vs workers is just fine.
i think it's 2 BF to kill a worker? it should require 3 BF. that would be like 5 shots of a normal hellion though

also, select all workers, press stop and then move them or something bypasses the lining up. that's why so many get killed too