Just a rumour but it might be true

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Just a rumour but it might be true

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

NOTE: This is my first translation to English from Korean and is no way reflects my opinion on this. Please don't eat me alive like last time.

It has been reported that Kespa is planning to abandon its 10-year old eSports game, Brood War, and adopt SC2 as part of their approved games.

On July 7th, according to related correspondence, Kespa representatives and its sponsors' representatives (SKTelecom, Samsung, etc.) were invited by Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, California.

For now, both sides are denying this rumor. However, detailed visiting dates and names of the people involved were in the rumor, so this rumor may actually be credible.

the significance of this event shows that Blizzard is genuinely willing to cooperate with Kespa despite their past conflicts. Not exactly making Kespa to completely switch over to SC2, but more likely asking their input on the HOTS expansion with pro-gaming perspective.

Anyways, this shows that the relationship between the two has improved dramatically. On July 6th's press conference, Kim Joon Ho, the current Kespa president spoke, "Blizzard's goal is to expand their Asian market, and we believe that we can help Blizzard with our experiences with running BW leagues."

The problem is if Kespa switches to pro-SC2, GomTV may be in trouble when Blizzard endorses a Kespa-owned SC2 league. As it turns out, GomTV did not know about this secret meeting. A GomTV representative said, "We found out about this later, No comment."

Source: http://www.clubcity.kr/news/articleView ... dxno=82629

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=241547

when Kespa adopts sc2 (and they may, since they talked with blizzard though in a year or so) then this would change sc2 drastically. they are even asking feedback on HotS. more feedback from players is always good