Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

hidden decknames

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

maybe you already knew it, but your opponent's deckname is now hidden
So if you want, you can name your decks "lame disciple FF" or "4 Bank FF" or whatever it really does :) No need to try and fool your enemy with a fake name
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Re: hidden decknames

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Yeah, I also found it kind of odd that they show the cards in a deck but not the deck name... why not hide the whole thing?
Groovy.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well this is what BHG announced already in one of their blogs during development.
They just wanted, that people don't have to use crypted names which they cannot decrypt anymore when they get 2 months later online.

The question to hide it whole was also discussed in community and BHG, but that's another issue.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I think it's good that you can see your opponents cards if you are smart enough to look, it's not a sure-fire thing but it's just a component of scouting and smart play.

Im glad you can't see the deck names, though. Now I can just name my decks simple things like Land, Water, Colonial, FF, FI, Land Infantry, Land Cavalry, etc etc
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

See, now, you gotta be careful. If you go back into TWC to play someone, your deck names will be exposed.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Eh, don't actually care that much -- usually people who are smart enough to check your deck will scout and have an idea of what you are doing anyways.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Eh, the deck name can reveal a lot about what you're going to do.
Groovy.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""RascalJones""]See, now, you gotta be careful. If you go back into TWC to play someone, your deck names will be exposed.[/quote]

No actually u cannot see und use decks created with TAD. And TWC is dead. It is only TAD or Vanilla
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

DEATH TO TWC
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Hahaha.
sylvalex311
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sylvalex311 »

I like having my deck name "FF" and then rush... no one ever said they didn't except it so I don't know if it ever worked...

"Lame disciple FF" LOL
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Well if your deck is obviously geared for a rush but it says "FF" your attempt at foolery isn't going to work. But if you throw in an upgrade card or two and a 700 gold card in your Colonial stack then it might give the cause to wonder.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I must say that with the 25 card decks, it's usually not too hard to be able to do both rush and FF with the same deck
it's harder with the 20 card decks in nilla
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle