Portugal elections

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Portugal elections

Post by IndyBrit »

So LaZy or Sporting - please fill us in on the meaning of the Portugal elections.  Is this just a sign to not be in office when the s#!t hits the fan, or is it something more profound?
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Re: Portugal elections

Post by LaZy »

Well I c it somewhat different from the rest (as is usual I think).

I did NOT vote. I belong 2 the ONLY majority this country has, namely the 41% of people that simply did not vote. It is this way that WE show our true discontent 2wards those that simply dont care about the country. I pay A LOT of attention 2 my country´s political status. I am aware of most agreements, disagreements, positions of all major political parties. I read and watch as much as I can about politics. In fact, I am actually very interested about the whole subject. One can not call me ignorant or lazy when it comes 2 politics. But my point stands. I did NOT vote! ATM, all I c are puppets. The puppet master(s) is not up for elections. Regardless of who won these elections, Portugal will remain a financial mess. Portugal will continue 2 have 2 suffer for past mistakes, and Portugal will continue 2 surrender 2 the greedy ideals of institutions like the BCE, IMF, Moody´s, the DAX and DOW, Standard and Poor´s, EU lobby´s and many many more.

Personally, Im glad we got rid of a person that most despise, namely our previous Prime Minister, but have replaced him with some1 that a) has ZERO experience, b) has created a bigger problem than we had by forcing these elections in the 1st place, and c) will have his strings held in the same manner and by the same puppet master as the previous liar.

out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I voted, but I share the opinion that both Prime-Minister and New Prime-Minister know as much about ruling a country as I do. There are a couple good things that we have to note here, first of all, and that is the Diplomacy of each of them.

I dunno about you guys but I don't really like a Prime-Minister whose best friend happens to be a dictator in Venezuela.

This new guy that never had a job (!) follows the European guidelines of what should be done and what should not be done, I can't say I am not happy since his parents are both related to the Health business.

Finally, it is important for me that the Crackheads from the über Left got reduced from 16 to 8!! No offense, but a party whose objectives are represented by creating a Nederlands & California in Portugal just needed to have a kick in the but, even though the party founder happens to be a cousin of mine.

And yes, everyone agrees that Mister José Socrates was as smart and charismatic as George W. Bush. I mean, just hear him speaking portuñol or engrish.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Thanks for the perspective.  That all sounds very familiar...  It seems like the same themes keep appearing no matter where the politics happens.