Educational PvP

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Educational PvP

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Protoss versus protoss on shattered temple where both of us plays the most solid way and executes them really well, i go for robo tech and he goes twilight tech. imo the most textbook pvp i've ever had. Really even game. Start off with the most efficient 4 gate (as u can see we both do the same one) and when u see both are 4 gating add second gas and make a sentry to cut his army if he tries to move up/down a ramp and start teching.

Things me and my opponent could have done better are him researching hallucination and using it to blink into my base (its super strong and imo the key to making blink work in midgame in PvP) and me making an observer cauz theres really no reason why i shouldnt make one (ends up biting me back quite hard). Also, his zealot harass is really good :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HeJurmhoanni on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Educational PvP

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

--Spoiler--

As for my desicion making in that game, i go for many immortals cauz i see him having mostly stalkers with my zealot/probe scouts so i can conclude that he's going blink. If i would see about half and half zealots and stalkers and later mainly zealots i can conclude that he is going for robo tech and i would response by making faster colossus (0-1 immortals before colossus). This kind of response is seen in the following replay.

I the replay i manage to win despite him having a better transitioning because he goes for expansion and colossus range and two additional assimilators so thats 740 minerals and 200 gas less invested in his army than i've invested into mine. When i see the expo i wait for one more colossus and attack before he gets his additional income in play. Again in this game we both do the same 4 gate which is the same as i do in the other game so i think this is the one to learn if ur looking for a good 4 gate build. :)

In PvP you can expand on large maps like the gsl ones because u have enough time to get your eco going cauz of the distance. Sadly on these blizzard maps going for an expo is extremely risky.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

both were awesome PvP games dude. Well played. In both, however, u didnt make that observer early enough, and in both u didnt get a forge 2 get a single upgrade. I think if ur army had 2 stalkers less but 1+ attack u would have finished both games even quicker.

congrats non the less

out
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

Hey HeJurm, i posted a reply to this thread but unfortunately it was deleted because of the hack.

Maybe I'll reply again but to be honest i dont remember what i wrote back then.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Yeah i saw the reply and it was good stuff :) dont have to post it again :D
Hopefully i get as good in pvp now that the 4 gate isnt as good anymore... i think im still trying to 4 gate for a while. i did a few test and i it just was like 10 seconds slower and ofc the pylon change makes it harder but it will still be good if the opponent  doesnt think ur gonna 4 gate and goes greedy.