Is it lame to leave in some situations?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Is it lame to leave in some situations?

Post by kingchrisII »

whatever civ, even it im china and hes ports, i will resign on rockies lol, i just cant stand that map grrr..

ottos are broken, they are very good on tp map, and sucky on maps with no tps/natives....no tps they can pull off a native map, OR just think of a new strat like save the wood fore double rax and jan rush them or something
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

With a real map screw you can always resign. With a bad map, you can always ask for a restart. If the opponent agrees, why not.

Rockies, why is that map still there. I used to have the same feeling about yukon but that map at least has some fun parts. Rockies are horrible.

I hope they fix standard maps in the next patch. Put in ozarks, and remove rockies. And some of the asians. and please oh please remove the bigger chance of getting asian maps. Im so tired of those.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Honshu needs to go.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I'd have to agree with you there. I don't mind Rockies; it's an interesting map, but Honshu... no treasures, no hunts, no cool Indians, too much water... everything about the map is terrible.
Groovy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]I'd have to agree with you there. I don't mind Rockies; it's an interesting map, but Honshu... no treasures, no hunts, no cool Indians, too much water... everything about the map is terrible.[/quote]

Not true..Honshu has lot's of treasures. You just have to leave the mainland to get 'em...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""]I'd have to agree with you there. I don't mind Rockies; it's an interesting map, but Honshu... no treasures, no hunts, no cool Indians, too much water... everything about the map is terrible.[/quote]

Not true..Honshu has lot's of treasures. You just have to leave the mainland to get 'em...[/quote]

honshu is friggin unbalanced and needs to go out of standard maps.

rockies would be good with some berries imho

hispaniola is another map i dislike a lot, for the same reasons as honshu + the tons of starting crates
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""]I'd have to agree with you there. I don't mind Rockies; it's an interesting map, but Honshu... no treasures, no hunts, no cool Indians, too much water... everything about the map is terrible.[/quote]

Not true..Honshu has lot's of treasures. You just have to leave the mainland to get 'em...[/quote]

honshu is friggin unbalanced and needs to go out of standard maps.

rockies would be good with some berries imho

hispaniola is another map i dislike a lot, for the same reasons as honshu + the tons of starting crates[/quote]

Great suggestion.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

The fact that so many people dis-like certain maps is a good thing imo. It means strats have to change, you have to adapt. I'll admit the choke points on Rockies suck, and Honshu is too big and probably shouldn't be in standard maps.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Honshu, Hispanolia, Bayou and Rockies are the only 4 maps maps I really dislike. Ok, not really much wrong with Rockies... I just don't like it.

The other maps I would say I have a dislike for are all the maps with only small crossings that often force a game into a "no rush" style by 1 team being lame and walling up. This is something I really hate.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Rockies just has awkard view pients, I also have much more micro difficulties there.
Bayou looks ugly but plays just fine for me.
Honshu is just unbalanced, I beat a french captain last week with a fish boom/fi, off course french dont have schooners, so he didnt even try to get me of the water and GG
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

I don't really know much about this game, but I will say the best thing when you are up against someone better than you (or in this case at a disadvantage), sometimes the best thing to do is something random. If anything it gives you a chance to try something new and at least have fun with it.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

I think an excellent way to boost Ottoman on non-TP maps is to give them a 100XP start (on those maps only). Many people probably do not know, but Ottomans start with 50XP on Silk Road so ES (or BHG) obviously thought about it at one point.

This would grant them an early shipment of 3 villagers to give a big boost to the econ. 100XP means the first shipment would arrive 50 seconds earlier. 3 villagers working for an extra 50 seconds could collect about an extra 100 food (on berries) meaning a faster age time, faster second shipment, and better defenses. Nothing else would have to change although I feel the church tech costs should be slightly reduced.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Hmm... I think in order to counterbalance that exp boost they should get 1 less wood crate. They don't use it anyway early on, so they don't really need it.
Groovy.