Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Drew Britain vs. PR 34 Ottoman

Post by 36drew »

Map: Northwest Territories
Civs: British (drew) vs. Otto(pr34)
Winner: Drew

I felt really good about this win. There were two moments I was shaking and peeing my pants. The first ottoman wave is huge and I basically only have bows as my 13 muskets get pwned. I'm really scared of even a 3 hussar shipment as I have no anti cav. Later in the game a wave of 30 jannie, 3 cannons, 5 spahi, and 5 mamelukes comes at my 50 longbows + 30 pikes. I was really worried the pikes wouldn't do their job and that it would be GG at that point. Luckily they do enough damage. I also manage to get 10 pike in his base and take down his 2 tps which hurt him a lot. I'm doing a deecent manor + market boom during this. I go indy and get guard lb's + 2 factories and my score is double his. He resigns and calls it GG. Maybe a good watch for strokey and some of the other brit players in the clan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Drew Britain vs. PR 34 Ottoman

Post by Soccerman771 »

I'll give her a watch. I'm always looking to give my Brits a better game..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

VGG. Interesting that neither of you took to the water. I don't know why you pee'd your pants though. I'm no expert, but I know and arse kickin when I see one...I thought you completely owned him...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I'll check it out.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Always nice to see a good Brit game. Thanks drew, I'll check it out!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Nice game. Although I'm not sure what this guy was doing. Not to take anything away from you here drew because it was a good win, but it seemed like he wasn't sure what he was doing.
It's like he went to rush, then backed off, and it was game over. It looked like he had never been past the 7 min mark with otto before and got stuck. I mean.... 1 TC and no vills after fortress??? Still, you dealt with the mams/cannon and spahi nicely. Nice idea sending the pike round to have a go at his TC's too.

GG.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

will watch tonight!
this is a vg map for otto FI.
I play both civs and find it really hard to beat a good brit with a rush.
Did you play the 8 cherokee Drew?
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]will watch tonight!
this is a vg map for otto FI.
I play both civs and find it really hard to beat a good brit with a rush.
Did you play the 8 cherokee Drew?[/quote]

It is a good map for the Otto FI. I did not play the cherokee and I do not normally play them. Don't ask me why. LOL. I just never really have.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]VGG. Interesting that neither of you took to the water. I don't know why you pee'd your pants though. I'm no expert, but I know and arse kickin when I see one...I thought you completely owned him...[/quote]

In 1v1, I seldom find NWT to be worth it to take the water for resources. They are usually only 10 salmon or whatever there. It can be useful to get ships at the chokepoint to attack passing by units though.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Like Strokey I don't know what that guy was thinking. It's like he was trying to out-boom you or something, but at the same time he was trying to be quasi-aggressive.

As expected, he couldn't possibly outboom a British player and eventually his army lost to your quickly replaced one.

Neither of you took the water, either...you probably could have and had an advantage. If the game had gone longer you could have gotten the water and built monitors to bombard his base.

It might be worth it to put offshore support in your NWT deck just for that purpose actually.

GG, but I think the Otto guy should have just rushed you - he probably would have done a lot better.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

gg drew, well played
I'd make dragoons instead of pikes, but they seem to do their job just fine
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

He couldn't have spammed dragoons the way he did those pikes with his all food and wood economy.

It was an interesting way to go.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Hey Drew, read somewhere that you played Ottos. Do you have any record of them? I started playing them, but always messing up the start.

Nice brit record btw.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]Hey Drew, read somewhere that you played Ottos. Do you have any record of them? I started playing them, but always messing up the start.

Nice brit record btw.[/quote]

Yeah, otto's are my best civ. I'll try and get some recording up in the next couple of weeks.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""HuggyPierre""]Hey Drew, read somewhere that you played Ottos. Do you have any record of them? I started playing them, but always messing up the start.

Nice brit record btw.[/quote]

Yeah, otto's are my best civ. I'll try and get some recording up in the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

Great! Thx :)