keyboard shortcuts

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

keyboard shortcuts

Post by rambo098 »

is anyone using the keyboard when playing?

and if so,witch shortcuts are you using(when)?

Rambo 8)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: keyboard shortcuts

Post by huGGy »

I'll try to use all of them. I also put shortcuts on my building so that i can build new vills without leaving the screen from a fight. T=TC, V=new Villie. Always needed. And also strg+building key (like b for barrack). You should use them, you can play much faster.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

^Yeah I do exactly that too. When I have to build a building with a vill I also use the hotkey, i.e. E for house.

I also use ~ or / (depends on the keyboard) for explorer and alt to check units hp.
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I like to put my barracks and TCs in ctrl groups, that way I can build from multiple ones without my screen jumping allowing me to focus on the battle (or more likely whipping idle vils into line :twisted: ).
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

Yes straight away i put my TC as 1, so that i can fololow my explorer more without lesving the scrren if im fighting a trerasure guardian
and i leave my explorer on the default / lol....now and agin i put my rax/stable/art on 2/3/4
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Better question is what shortcuts and hotkeys don't I use LOL. I'm really not very good I just have them all memorized, which helps my gameplay a little.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I'm prob too old to use more than 5 hotkeys (1-5)
On a good day I might use '/' or 'T' sometimes
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MrChristy »

I always use the T to go to town center and V to make villagers. I also use SHIFT + W to make 5 ashigarus and CTRL + B to go to barracks :D oh yeah and / to go to explorer and . to go to idle villagers.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Hot keys are one of the pillars to moving to the next gaming level. They don't only make things faster, they let you do things you just can't without them. For example, if you control-group your barrackses (?), you can build new troops and change the gather location (e.g. to the battle that's ongoing) without moving your screen and continue micro-ing your troops in battle (micro-ing being another of the pillars to moving to the next gaming level).

Let's say you build a barracks outside your opponents town and put it on control-group 5, and put that barracks gather point inside your opponents town. Now, you can go about your daily business and anytime you feel like it, hit "5", build 5 pikes. You just sent a 5-pike raid into his town without interrupting whatever else you're doing - and he thinks you are omni-present and able to hit him anywhere anytime.

Learn all the hotkeys and practice them, and then move up to control groups. I always put barrackses on 9, stables on 8, artillery on 7, and TCs on 6, just so I never have to think about it during the game.
Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazy »

I've been wanting to learn most if not all the hotkey's, but It would be too much for me lol. I'm only used to doing like MrChristy, and I've only now started to control group my barracks and stable lol. I always control group my armies though. In the end I think I'm a major mouser :-P
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Using your keyboard is just as important as using ur mouse! Both are fundamental in any have decent online computer game. Any1 ever tried playing AoK on ur PS2?

Out
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""LaZy""]Using your keyboard is just as important as using ur mouse! Both are fundamental in any have decent online computer game. Any1 ever tried playing AoK on ur PS2?

Out[/quote]
Yeah I do, I have it for both ps2 AND PC, thats how my interest sparked for the Age Series, first playing it on my PS2. It is REALLY difficult if I remember(havent played it in AGES).
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

i have it on ps2 too very hard to play, much easier on pc