Something different he said...

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Something different he said...

Post by LaZy »

So this morning 1 of the very brave people that actually wanted 2 b seen by ur favorite 3vilness, mentioned he´d be off 4 his yearly holiday 2morrow. Naturally I asked where he´d b going. "St Petersburg..." he replied with a **** grin. I said "dude.....like wth" "wth St petersburg". "We ( his crew) wanted 2 try something different.." was his final comment. It just so happens that that part of the world is facing 15ºC BELOW zero atm! Its been a whopping 10 PLUS here atm. So he´s going 2 b facing a 25ºC difference.

So my question is as follows wth does 1 do in st Petersburg in Early December with his crew. Pls dont reply "the obvious", since the obvious can just as easily b done in Southern Spain for the same cost cept ur not paying in rubles.

If u dont know what the obvious is then pls dont bother reading any further.

If u do know what the obvious is but find it morally wrong then go stand in front of ur local Ultralisk and call his mom a big fat u know what!

out
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Something different he said...

Post by Comadevil »

Well Petersburg is the Venice of the North and really nice
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

How long will he be there?

While yes, the city gets cold in the winter, there are a couple advantages to a visit November–March: there are hardly any tourists—even domestic tourists, so you won't see the barest hint of the long lines of the summer at the Hermitage; Saint Petersburg's neoclassical streets are also simply gorgeous in the snow. Temperatures can range from relatively mild to very cold. All major tourist attractions are still open and some hotels offer lower prices during this time. But be prepared to dress warmly, as temperatures can easily dip -25C (-13F) with blustery winds. The biggest danger, though, is the ice. The city's lovely marble surfaces, when mixed with snow and ice, create a very real danger of slipping and seriously hurting yourself. Wear good boots, take small steps, and watch your feet!

Keep in mind that New Years is the biggest holiday of the year in Russia. Reserving a hotel room is usually not a problem during this time, but be prepared for very large crowds and noisy celebrations.

http://wikitravel.org/en/St._Petersburg_(Russia)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

LOL Rascal. Good find. I luv the way wiki syas "...here are a couple advantages to a visit November–March: there are hardly any tourists—even domestic tourists.." Now why exactly would that b? Bcos its sooooooo fricken cold thats why. Lol

I didnt ask how long he stayed. The fact that he was going in the 1st place got my brain going enough already.

Basically, from can b read by wikitravels is that: u dont wanna go outside bcos its so cold, but if u really wanna try the cold ull just fall on that beautiful marble and kill urself. ouch

I guess he´ll just stick with the obvious then :P

out
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

What is -15 degrees? Two years ago i was with my wife at the polar circle- We had tempratures like -20- -50 degrees Celsisus. We made a Barbecure at -45 degrees. Was fun ;)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Comadevil""]What is -15 degrees? Two years ago i was with my wife at the polar circle- We had tempratures like -20- -50 degrees Celsisus. We made a Barbecure at -45 degrees. Was fun ;)[/quote]

You're one to talk about the cold. I saw you freezing your arse off in the Atlantic Ocean back in May....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

well i saw many sitting on the beach. Too afraid to go into the Atlantic....
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ touché

out