Suggestion:

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Suggestion:

Post by KingKaramazov »

I noticed there is a box on the side of the front page where threads from AgeCommunity are listed.

I was thinking, would it be possible to instead have lists of threads from the main aoe3 discussion forum of AgeSanctuary or AoE3.Heavengames?

AgeCommunity tends to be a haven for immaturity and whining...there are very few players there who make respectful or well-thought out posts. Plus, there aren't very many highly skilled players posting there.

AgeSanctuary is where all the best players post, and is generally quite mature. I don't have much experience with Heavengames but I know in the past their boards have tended to be much more mature and also fairly skilled / thoughtful.

I would say Gamereplays but it is not very active at all. AgeSanctuary is probably the most active, I think.

In any case, I think a different forum should be referenced than the AgeCommunity one. I really like the concept of that feature though, it's very cool! :D
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Re: Suggestion:

Post by MNBob »

AgeSanctuary is where all the best players post, and is generally quite mature.
Let me fix this for you.
AgeSanctuary is where all the best players post.

They are far from mature IMO.

Does age sanctuary provide an RSS feed of their forum posts? That's what the box on the right is showing from age community.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I agree, I'd rather not have agecom's feed either but at least it gets updated and that's better than a dead feed like ESO's. Their feed rarely changes.

I'm constantly looking for quality feeds so if you see one please let me know. I was hoping HG at least had a recent post feed but no such luck. I was really hoping for a strat forum feed of new topics.

AgeSanc doesn't have a feed. Neither does HG. They were the first two I checked. There's a thread about it on agesanc but they don't have one yet. Maybe eventually.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Oh okay. If it's not possible / easy to do then that's okay.

Bob, I agree that many of the players at AgeSanctuary are immature, but the majority of them I'd say are fairly reasonable, and more than a few are definitely mature.

I suppose you have to remember that many of the people on that site are not English speakers so it's unsurprising that they are a bit more prone to seem crude. :P

But in any case, I'd rather read the forums at AgeSanc where discussions actually mean something because they are being debated by players who are skilled as opposed to nooby AgeCommunity. :P

But I suppose if all we can have is an AgeCommunity feed then it's better than nothing. :D

I still like the feature.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I'd like to have a HG feed from their strats section. Keep your eyes peeled for a good one and I'll gladly replace that one.

I can make a feed from sites with no feed but it really sucks because it includes any link on the page even if you use keywords. That includes links in their navigation, ads etc etc. You end up with a worthless feed.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

yea, that makes sense. no problem. ;)
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

Good input, King. Also, agreed that the feed is a great feature. Once again, awesome work on the site, guys!!!
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

yeah this is a nice upgrade, it took some getting used to but now i see its better