Animal counter?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

sector_7g
Conscript
Conscript

Animal counter?

Post by sector_7g »

ok, can somebody tell me if the zoo animals have any direct counter? or what usually works best against them, reason being the 3v3s ive been having we always loose v's an all out early zoo spam and its fruitin annoying the crap out of me!!! 9 pet jags 6 rhinos and 4 bears melee my skirms mace bows musks strels or whatever unit i am to bits they also have army firing in. The hardest combo yet was india aztec and sioux all out zoo attack, then team phails(think thats there name, the eleys with huge seige and sweep attack)

we should use this in the rts league the key is being early and its a ***** to counter..

p.s not sure if i have posted this in right catagory could a member move it if its wrong, thanks :!:
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Animal counter?

Post by huGGy »

I think they are (very) light cav. So muskets or a meatshield with pikes should work.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

IIRC, villies are the best counter.

Or your OWN pets.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

yes villies are there counter, so be french, and beef up ur vills put em next to a blockhouse or war hut and put em in and out and shoot at em, the enemy will also focus on these units a lot and the rest of ur units can pick em off
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Villies don't completely destroy them. They have a 2x multiplier vs. pets, but 6 damage is still pathetic. Vils just don't take any damage from them.

Your best bet would be cavalry. They have high base damage and decent HP and can run away easily. Muskets do a great job too though.
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

don't fight em, they can't kill villies or buildings.
Make cav and raid their economies.

CDB pwn pets when upgraded, but you rather have em gather resources
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MrChristy »

just read wacko's diary about how he plan's to balance TAD for the winter patch. Apparently pets are going to get nerfed so that they are not so effective versus explorers and military units. Most of the pet cards will also be nerfed by 1
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

^

A link would be good.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

What about using shock collars? Wouldn't that take care of the pets? 8)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Walls work fairly well if you know it's coming! No siege and missile troops behind the wall - nice ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

I think China should get the shock collar upgrade Soccerman since they do have the least violations regarding animal cruelty in the world.

On a more mature note I agree with the fact that the "zoo spam" is actually very OP atm".

Out
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Team zoo vs. team zoo is always fun.... NOT. LOL. Drives me nuts as well.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

on a serious note...

Reminds me of a custom 3v3 clan game we played me, KK, and Blackadder (all euro civs) vs. djdan, I think L&C, and for the life of me can't remember the third, but they were pretty even teams skill wise with two natives and India. They attacked our FB with 90% animals and WC's. Once the WC's died, it was pretty much gg since we could push forward and they couldn't keep creating the zoo units. Musks and cav were good counters since the zoo couldn't seige..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
MrChristy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MrChristy »

[quote=""RascalJones""]^

A link would be good.[/quote]

Here you go mate :P
sector_7g
Conscript
Conscript

Post by sector_7g »

on a 1v1 i know vills can beat back jags and the like(if a alone with just the wc) but on team games you dont really want your 1st line of defence to be vills.. the other thing is u CANT NOT fight them, when bows or musk r firing in at ur fb ur units r being forced to go hand attack by the pets so you either retreat and let them take ur fb down which means u have to find 200w (or 250) for another barracks by which time the enemy r using that to build more army!! the hit points is what needs reducing imo thx for input but if done right i see this strat as unstopable, which is more than frustrating if ur on the opp side to it!!!!! :mad: i'll try go gee gees if i expect it c how they do ;) cheers guys