Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Overlord drops

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this guy seemed to have seen drews vod!
i wonder though why it didN't have such a big impact on me, maybe cuz my main was nearly mined out anyway?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Overlord drops

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]this guy seemed to have seen drews vod!
[/quote]
A clear no.
- Almost no overlord scouting or any scouting at all (he saw ur natural the first time around 20 or 24 minutes)
- No creep spread
- Almost no expanding (only natural), he tried to get a second expansion around 20:00 (!!) with the consequence that ur army was standing there
- build Hydra den, roach warren and spire and never build the untis of those buildings

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]
i wonder though why it didN't have such a big impact on me, maybe cuz my main was nearly mined out anyway?[/quote]

First drop: Because he lost his banelings to kill ur drop and decided to drop with 10 zergs at the first time. With banelings he would have killed most of ur scvs in the main. U need to spread ur scvs when someone wants to drop u with banes

Second drop: Turrets and tanks were in place, he had to unload and lost his units to tanks

Overall the zerg played pretty bad IMO

BTW: Switched back to terran? Didn't u wanted to play zerg?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i was kididng coma (about the fact that he saw drews vod) ;-)
seemed just weird to me that all he tried was to overlord drop all the time

interesting, what you could gather by seeing the replay, when i was playing i was too busy to notice anything. what is actually faster in unloading? overlords or medivacs?

[quote=""Comadevil""]
BTW: Switched back to terran? Didn't u wanted to play zerg?[/quote]
yes my zerg phase was about a week long i almost lost every single game even though 90% of those games were so close and could go either way.
i understand zerg better now than before which was worth it i guess. i wil ltry them in a couple of months again i hope
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i was kididng coma (about the fact that he saw drews vod) ;-)
[/quote]
Well i meant it also metaphoric. If u watch Drews vods u would have learnt a bit more

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]
seemed just weird to me that all he tried was to overlord drop all the time
[/quote]
He overcomitted to this strategy but also didn't really know what to transition to. For me this zerg looks like someone, who recently switched to zerg

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]
what is actually faster in unloading? overlords or medivacs?
[/quote]

Don't know really. But all "dropships" can only unload one unit at a time. The delay in between is something to balance.