Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

why tvt is ***

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i won both games but it's a lame game :-P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WarlordR
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: why tvt is ***

Post by WarlordR »

I completely agree, TvT nowadays (always has actually) revolves around tanks, any other unit is used as mere support for the tank and the ever on-going tankwar. It's come to a point now where 98% of the TvTs I play I am faced with opponents from 1k to 1800 score diamond and all of them seem to do the exact same thing: spam tanks and vikings. :evil:

Would love to see siege-stance range reduced to 10 or less and them made slightly less squishie. :twisted:
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

U definitely dont have to make tanks. Air dominance is still vey important in this MU because the key to beat tank using player without tanks is to drop the hell out off the opponent. Tanks cant keep up with marine marauder with drops cause of their immobility so u can drop 4 maras and 8 marines into his base and kill his workers/production and still get back home in time before the tanks can sige up near your base.
WarlordR
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by WarlordR »

When ur enemy has air superiority (AKA massing up vikings, since u will be using medivacs as well as ur MM you will need more population) you can't really drop unless the map itself is very large, however, most maps are not.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

True, dropping is safe only when you have the air superiority.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""HeJurmhoanni""]U definitely dont have to make tanks. Air dominance is still vey important in this MU because the key to beat tank using player without tanks is to drop the hell out off the opponent. Tanks cant keep up with marine marauder with drops cause of their immobility so u can drop 4 maras and 8 marines into his base and kill his workers/production and still get back home in time before the tanks can sige up near your base.[/quote]

this is true, it was worse 2 months ago, the situation got better biut many people still just mass tanksa nd vikings xD
if you looked closely, my opponent called downn M.U.L.E.s onto my tank line <.<
what made me come ahead was my base switching and harassing his just at the right time, i love sensor towers. i also had air superiority. and dropping is kinda hard especially if you get caught and lose everything, but it definitely is the way to go!!! i also got the raining blood achievement :wink:
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Wow Lowenherz the stats in ur sig have changed dramatically

out
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yes, i'm back again! :-)