ZvZ New Build

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

ZvZ New Build

Post by 36drew »

Been playing with this z v z build lately.  It is designed to beat 1base roach play.  They is that your opponent is far away and that you have scouted this.  Your second hatch is built inbase. You can drone heavily, you have dual queens for defense too, and your roaches come quick.  The toss version results in you going ling rather than roach for an opener. 

This build is really risky vs spling/bling.  The advantage is as soon as you take your natural, you saturate way faster than your opponent.

PS, I didn't spam apm at the start just to make coma happy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 36drew on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: ZvZ New Build

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""36drew""]
PS, I didn't spam apm at the start just to make coma happy.[/quote]

So i watched this replay to make Drew happy :P
BTW i don't care about spamming. I just don't like this possibility to geet 7% gathering rate by spamming.

I guess u would have been in trouble if ur opponent was more familiar with ur strat (at least it was unknown to him if i interprete his comment short before GG). He didn't have begun his roach warren when he spotted ur second hatchery around 3:30.
He just stuck to his set strategy instead to adapt. Also he only attacked at 08:00 what was too late as he was sticking to one base base at this moment.
Quite nice map control of you. THe other one didn't care about map control at all. Spreading creep late and leaving the watch towers to ur zerglings.

GG Drew
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: ZvZ New Build

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

me and hejurm discoverd this when playing some opponents some weeks ago. it is just a delayed all in strat but can be very effective in some games^^. against roach i would go roach myself, but those roaches make you immobile, so when i win the ling war at start i sometimes tech to mutas if i have the time.