General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Kenkaho
Conscript
Conscript

3v3, 4v4, early rush or nuke only?!??!

Post by Kenkaho »

Hi guys,

I have been playing with a guy for like a month now, it seems all he wants to do is to sit back then nuke, he builds about 8-12 nukes most of the time...

And here is the problem, we have about 50% chances to win, *If the opponent don't rush then we have more chance to win* most of the time I get pissed off if the opponent rush us and I don't get any back up from other 2 players. But in the other hand his nukes did help alot if it's a long fight. And he is really proud of it, that's why he always wants to nuke.

In my point of view, I still think that to get more units in early games either rush or wait until the opponent attack, when they fail we counter quickly, I think that is the best choice, what do you guys think?

I like this guy, but it seems he hasn't improve his strategy for over a month, well he does get better with his nuking skills, but when I play with him I always don't feel like I can depends on him some how... it's like I'm taking a gamble to play with this guy...

What I think is that only lower rank players will not check our bases, and don't move their units when you nuke them... so now I'm trying to think of a better strategy if he nuke full time... but I couldn't think of any strategy, all I want is to able to hold the 2 opponents attack for like 15 mins and go defend, but if I go defend I don't think his nuke can wipe all of our opponents without support or I should harass them early in game, but my base will be empty. Tough decision...
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: 3v3, 4v4, early rush or nuke only?!??!

Post by Comadevil »

Well this is a strategy game and it isn't a game with THE build that gets u the wins.
If u want to get to higher levels u have to adjust. Scout and see what ur opponent is doing. If ur opponent prepares for a rush it is quite dumb to play nukes only.
And u have to scout the opponent permanently to know what they are doing so u can buld the counter.
Nuke u can build later to break a defense if u cannot get through but u should convince ur mate to play different strategies and to try something out. Else u stay where u are now
Kenkaho
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Kenkaho »

it's true, that's why I always scout at start... even if the opponent rushing, he just block himself and do the same thing... that's the problem... it makes me piss off....

Only thing that I want to play with him is because we have the same time schedule that's all... I will probably start playing 1v1 now or try to convince him to change his strategies...
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well u answered it ur self. ;)

Play less with him/convince him/kick him/find someone else or be pissed off. Nobody can decide that for u ;)
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Problem is, currently, players perseption (even more so in lower leagues) of 4v4's is mainly sit back, eco up and build the most OP unit your race has to offer in mass, upgrade the hell out of it and then just try to steamroller. There isn't much skill around in 4v4's, eg: fresh tactic, variety, micro etc.

If you can get a team of 4 players together then it would be cool, as you can discuss strats and tactics etc, but having randoms or narrow minded 1 strat players means that you are never going to progress.

IMO, it is always better to either: full on rush, or harrass to contain and prevent expansion with a view to a slightly longer game plan with full map control. But you nearly always have to adjust depending on what the other team are doing if you don't go full on rush. And even if you do, you may run into problems and have to fall back and change tactic.

This guy you are playing with sounds like he hasn't even tried to ventre anything different, and if he doesn't, then he is holding you back as you have the right mindset.
Kenkaho
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Kenkaho »

yeah, what I would like to do is to get a static group, and have some feedback after each game, also getting new strategies and looking for an improvement if we lose the fight. But it's really hard to find a group like this... since different time schedule, and most of the ppl don't take this game seriously, just play it like a no-brainer... :(
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

The problem is that we aren't allowed to do intercontinental gaming. Otherwise you would always have 2-3 N3O fellows online to play with you and working on strategies.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

In 4v4 the best strategy is to coordinate rushes. If you get 4 people who are all on the same page doing a coordinated rush on each of the opponents one by one, they'll beat a less organized team every time, as long as they strike first.

This is why 4v4 is silly.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]The problem is that we aren't allowed to do intercontinental gaming. Otherwise you would always have 2-3 N3O fellows online to play with you and working on strategies.[/quote]

Yeah, what we need to do is recruit people into the clan so we have more people on each server, but the problem is there are no chat rooms or clan features on B.Net 2.0 right now, so nobody is really interested in joining a clan. The concept of a clan doesn't really exist on B.Net 2.0 right now, just a group of friends.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

I hate people who dont make defences and rely on teammates cause they are doing their "OP!" thingy. Those guys arent teamplayers they just play team cause their tactic fails in 1v1 and in team they have a slight chance of succeeding cause of the help of their teammates. I would stop playing with that guy, unless he learns to play. Just do a simple MMM opening macro up and THEN go nuke
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

In 4v4, its chaotic because with random teams, there is approximately 0.1% chance of all 4 players working together for the good of the team.