The OFFICIAL SC 2 Brag Thread

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: The OFFICIAL SC 2 Brag Thread

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Lol, yeah. I think I was REALLY lucky, but I have also improved a fair bit as well. I've been trying to initiate basic tactics as well, which is one thing that is missing big time in SC2 random games. People all tend to do their own thing and not help others out, so I've been trying to suggest basics eg: rush, units etc etc.
Not sure how much this has helped but it's worked out ok so far.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

4v4 random IS FREAKING INSANE. There is so much going on at any given time.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""36drew""]4v4 random IS FREAKING INSANE. There is so much going on at any given time.[/quote]

Yup, I love the big team games. Awesome fun. I've had several which have requried comebacks of "epic proportions". I remember 1 game being down to 3 scv and no buildings. I ended up with the most kills in that one, lol. But to be honest, you get a lot of idiots in the random team games lower leagues, so it can be very hit and miss.
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Friking finally done the campaign on brutal level!!! The last game (All In) is so crazy - I have over 10 000 kills there! Now I have beautiful babe, Sarah Kerrigan, portrait. Pretty, isn't she. ;)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i'd prefer the Nova portrait myself but meh, cba to play that much terran haha

GJ roger! im still stuck on last mission on brutal ALL IN :*(
- Dan
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

20 wins in 22 4v4s is freaking awesome Jim!. I play alot of teamgames with mates, too.
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]im still stuck on last mission on brutal ALL IN :*([/quote]

Which one did you take out earlier - Air units or Nydus worms (I took out the Air units - prefer groung battle ^^)? There are plenty of video guides on Youtube. Just type in 'All In Brutal' in search engine and you'll get lots of video. I only watch those videos for 'All in', 'Gate of Hell' and 'Utter Darkness' (3 hardest campaign games in my opinon). ^^

By the way I prefer redheads to blondes. ;)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

in utter darkness is insanity i agree. i took out the nydus and now i wish i had done air instead. the leviathan is one bad hombre :(
- Dan
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Ok, so I lost the next 3 games (knew I shouldn't have posted in the brag thread, rofl). But then I won the 4th game and it promoted me to silver league!
That's not all.... it chucked me straight in at the #1 postion in silver league!!!

Muhahahaha :D
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]in utter darkness is insanity i agree. i took out the nydus and now i wish i had done air instead. the leviathan is one bad hombre :([/quote]

Did you happen to save your campaign before starting all-in so that you could switch? I agree that it is insane if you don't get rid of air. If all you have to worry about is ground, you can literally just pile 50 siege tanks behind the artifact and go AFK in between the times when the queen comes out.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]Ok, so I lost the next 3 games (knew I shouldn't have posted in the brag thread, rofl). But then I won the 4th game and it promoted me to silver league!
That's not all.... it chucked me straight in at the #1 postion in silver league!!!

Muhahahaha :D[/quote]

gj strokey, when i am done with aoeo beta i will go 4v4 rdm as well, sounds like some funny crap
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Bart331""][quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]Ok, so I lost the next 3 games (knew I shouldn't have posted in the brag thread, rofl). But then I won the 4th game and it promoted me to silver league!

Muhahahaha :D[/quote]

gj strokey, when i am done with aoeo beta i will go 4v4 rdm as well, sounds like some funny ****[/quote]

Yeah, it really is the best part of the game IMO. But I've always been big on team games. Some are frustrating, but the good games you have out-weigh the bad. Hit me up if you want to try and get a 4-some together for regular games, #i'm sure we can sort something out.
froggyman
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by froggyman »

when i get a better internet ill play some 4v4 with u guys aswell ^^
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Anything over 2v2 random is a total crap shoot. 4v4 is not for me in any way shape or form.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Anything over 2v2 random is a total crap shoot. 4v4 is not for me in any way shape or form.[/quote]

In random, absolutely. Complete crap shoot, lol. But I've always been in the gaming thing for fun, not for any serious hardcore points chasing. And for me, the big team games does it. Sure, organised teams is better than random, but being able to hop on and get a game straight away makes the random thing more appealing.