against toss and terran when using zerg..any ideas?

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

slay3r_
Conscript
Conscript

Re: against toss and terran when using zerg..any ideas?

Post by slay3r_ »

great post on the magic box, learnt something new xD

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]^ it isn't the thor thats the problem, its the marine + medivac. while ur spending all ur time trying to kill thor the marine are below all the muta stimmed up - being healed by medivac, and pwning. thats why i said to go infestor!! i mean come on , if ur playing vs a decent terran who's not half assing , they will have SCV behind thier army ready to repair tank and thor. i just can't see throwing all that gas on muta when u can spend it on infestor+bane+roach etc and halt the terran right then and there[/quote]

you misundersttood me. i'm not saying fight thors with mutas, same as i wouldn't say fight skirms with musketeers, i'm just saying a single thor or 2 of them can be fought with like 8 mutas, especially with the box trick, which nullifies the splash damage of thors.
when you hjave the opportunity, go for it :D
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Mutas lose hard vs marine medivac. I did never say you should use mutas against them :) If your opponent has only thors, medivacs and marines you should never attack his army with mutas (obviously). Infestors, zerglings and banes deals with them very well.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

If you go muta you force him to get defensive, you force him to spam turrets everywhere, and you force him to stay in his base. This buys you time to get additional expo's up and tech to OP! units.

Just keep flying around with them and punish him for every millimetre of undefended ground.