SC2 noob school

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: SC2 noob school

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Well when the beta is down and the game hasn't been released yet its not a bad idea to watch these vids. I usually run through the single player of any game to pick up the basics like DHD but again that's not available yet. I may have played AOE for a while but the SC universe is completely foreign to me and while some things are obvious you can still pick up little tips and tricks, like forming your guys up into a crescent shape pre battle or the different techs the guy used.
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Whats your problem Aaryn_GenD all you seem to is slag everything people do! Fine you don't like it but why the comments...Thought as a clan we are suppose to help each other, me thinks not in your case. Might as well have a clan with ideas so I can quote how f*&*ing s&*t they are by Aaryn. Why any one wants to post anything any more amazes me. Let me guess you wont like this.... and you will comment how lovely and friendly I am, and how I know nothing. Well if you the sort of person N30 represents guess I wil have to go else where soon.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""emperoral""]Whats your problem Aaryn_GenD all you seem to is slag everything people do! Fine you don't like it but why the comments...Thought as a clan we are suppose to help each other, me thinks not in your case. Might as well have a clan with ideas so I can quote how f*&*ing s&*t they are by Aaryn. Why any one wants to post anything any more amazes me. Let me guess you wont like this.... and you will comment how lovely and friendly I am, and how I know nothing. Well if you the sort of person N30 represents guess I wil have to go else where soon.[/quote]

what is this contempt out of notihng. i just said that those vids don't help and i suggested soemthing else, no reason to go crazy on me
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""emperoral""]Whats your problem Aaryn_GenD all you seem to is slag everything people do! Fine you don't like it but why the comments...Thought as a clan we are suppose to help each other, me thinks not in your case. Might as well have a clan with ideas so I can quote how f*&*ing s&*t they are by Aaryn. Why any one wants to post anything any more amazes me. Let me guess you wont like this.... and you will comment how lovely and friendly I am, and how I know nothing. Well if you the sort of person N30 represents guess I wil have to go else where soon.[/quote]

what is this contempt out of notihng. i just said that those vids don't help and i suggested soemthing else, no reason to go crazy on me[/quote]

I think all Al is trying to say is that while you may feel these kinds of vids do not help people and that they should just "figure it out" instead, there are also other people who prefer to pick the game up in a way other than getting crushed a few times online. I played a few challenges and campaign missions as well as watching a rec or two before moving to multiplayer and I found that those were immensely helpful and eased the transition into SC2 a lot for me. I suppose the point is that some people learn in different ways and that for the people who learn by observation, these vids are very useful. Regardless, no need for frustration on either side of the fence here, just a failure to communicate I believe. :D

More on topic, I didn't watch all of these but the handful that I did were quite insightful - thanks.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

well said deacon
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""deaconferal""]I played a few challenges and campaign missions as well as watching a rec or two before moving to multiplayer and I found that those were immensely helpful and eased the transition into SC2 a lot for me.[/quote]

that's my opinion too! 8)
i also made the point that the things you mentioned above help the transition, better than those videos which i kinda "dissed" and labelled as next to useless^^