10 Hussar Semi Fast Revoultion

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ClamMan
Conscript
Conscript

10 Hussar Semi Fast Revoultion

Post by ClamMan »

I was playing my friends as the ports and he harrased me with hussars early, so I figured he would go hussars, which was good because I was doing a 10 hussar semi ff. He suicided his hussars and I sat back and aged. As I aged soon after he did aswell. I figured he had done the same strategy as me. I shipped in 8 cassadores and 2 organs while making more hussars and attack. I killed his forward stable and a trading post and then attacked his city to find no military. Then he aged to industrial and revolted and destroyed my army.

Would his strategy be viable in a 1v1 unrated? Is it too risky? What would be a typical BO for it?

Any help would be appreciated.
"Mother Nature doesn't like Agra's" - Sporting_Lisbon
"Drew you put your pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us. You just make gold records once you have your pants on." - IndyBrit
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: 10 Hussar Semi Fast Revoultion

Post by deadhanddan »

a cav haras semi ff is perfectly viable , if your haras is succesful and u keep your opponet contained , then a semi f-i is possible and can work. drew has done it to me before as spain to great success , and i managed to beat major playing iro with a spain semi f-i revolt today. all depends if your pressure is paying off i guess. drew and sporting would be the guys who would know more about this though , im sure they can fill in what i didnt :)
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Heh I have a hard time playing standard otto/spain colonial warfare, let alone semi-FI ^^ Drew knows more about it surely.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... pic&t=3778

Here is the rec of how it can work. There are some variants but it's one way. I'll write up a brief BO in a sec.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Basically there are two choices. Early market or no early market. The thing is, it's a super tight build order since you can end up housing yourself.

If you start with 2 wood crates you will make an early market and research hunting dogs. You are going to need 50w either from treasures or from chopping. The other option is if you start with 100w/100c and you can grab some early coin from treasures like beavers, you can buy 100w from a market (so in this build you build a market first -- this is where you have to be fast so you don't house yourself -- and you also need 50 + wood from treasures or choppers).

The other early game option is no market. This is where you start with all food crates, and 1 wood crate. In which case this build isn't as strong, but it's just the way it goes.

During your age you want to get enough wood for 1 stables, 1 house, and possibly placer mines if you can. You age up with 16 villagers always. Sometimes 15 if you house yourself. And it's worth it if you got the hunting dogs upgrade.

Card order after that is 700w, 5 vill, 4 vill, 700 coin. I use this 90% of the time with Spain, and especially for a revolution. Pop minutemen if you have to. But only if you absolutely must. The 5+4 vills are essential too since you will have a wiquid eco and they will become 9 CM later in the game. You make either one or two batches of hussars in colonial and age. In a panic you can ship 8 pike or 6 rod, but try to avoid this. Also, your herding should be really good since your opponent will show up to harass or rush by now. You want 3 herds near your tc. Split your cav into 2 groups if you can. You need to by time.

With the 700w you make 3 more houses and use 400w for steel traps + second coin gathering upgrade.

You hit age iii and you have some options. You might need to ship 2 falc to deal with large amounts of HI. If you don't need to you can ship 1000w. It's important that you don't have any excess of resources since you can't afford it. You will need the 1000w to afford the revolution. Que about 2-3 villagers in age 3 at most. You should be able to afford the revolution as soon as you go age iv.

There is a bit more to it than just that, but this is some of the info.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

imho its viable as long as it takes ur opponent off guard, so dont use it too often and pick the right maps/match-ups for it
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^Very true.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I like to perform a FI/FR with otto.
Sometimes you can get 1 age 4 shipment going to compliment your hussar/militia force. 2 cannons or for otto, 12 abus can be usefull against HI and for some siege power.

It can be even more viabele with a fish boom, as resources keep coming inn to build those fantastic hussars.
Lord_Sami
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Lord_Sami »

Many people lame otto FI on quicksearch. You can't do it vs fast rush civs well, but vs slower civs it's perfect. some players do the FI without hussar raiding in colonial, instead they focus on eco. Get a silkroad tp eco, ageup to fort, ship a fort, go IV. With easy eco and good cards they have all the counter units.

VS europeans, especially on a map with far hunts , semi-FF is totally viable. If you suspect enemy is doing semi-ff too, with huss, you should scout for the stable. Then wait for him to come and raid you, and surprise attack him with huss. After this you have the upper hand , and more easily raid his eco.

I have to say though, i like a straight spahi FF (with 4 huss politic). It's devastating. Also , ship a fort and you can steal enemy mines and hunts :) Don't hurry to revolt, use cards like 2 bombard, UC, 12 abus, 6 spahi etc when in IV.