Moderator: Global Moderator

DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: World Cup Discussion

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]OT = Over time.[/quote]

Aahh ok ;)

[quote=""Soccerman771""]He blocked the view of the keeper in an offsides position. By rule he was involved in the play and thus play should have been stopped.[/quote]

If you have a look at this YouTube fragment and pause it at 16 seconds, I don't think he blocked the view of the goalkeeper. In my opinion the only ones who are blocking the goalkeeper's view are 2 players from Uruguay. If you pause it again at 23 seconds, you can clearly see there is no Dutch player inbetween the ball and the goalkeeper.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Honestly that's what so funny about everyone saying this team's better than that team and lol at that team. Uruguay dominated a lot of the play today without their top striker.[/quote]

This happened to Argentina as well and everyone said "OMG GERMANY PLAYED SO SO WELL, THEY CONTROLLED THE GAME AND PLAYED MUUCH BETTER".

Uruguay was playing as good as Holland most of the time but the golden rule of football always applies: the one who doesn't score, loses. I was a little surprised by Maxi Pereira's genius goal in the end.

Also, that 2nd goal was less offside than the one vs Portugal :D
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]
If not, then we need to go back to 2006 and allow DeMarcus Beasley's goal against Italy that was dis-allowed by similar rule.[/quote]

please leave italy alone. they got screwed over bigtime in world cup 2002 by referee decisions :(
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""][quote=""Soccerman771""]Honestly that's what so funny about everyone saying this team's better than that team and lol at that team. Uruguay dominated a lot of the play today without their top striker.[/quote]

This happened to Argentina as well and everyone said "OMG GERMANY PLAYED SO SO WELL, THEY CONTROLLED THE GAME AND PLAYED MUUCH BETTER".

Uruguay was playing as good as Holland most of the time but the golden rule of football always applies: the one who doesn't score, loses. I was a little surprised by Maxi Pereira's genius goal in the end.

Also, that 2nd goal was less offside than the one vs Portugal :D[/quote]

Thanks for agreeing. I believe we'd get different opinions of the teams if the names of the countries were taken off the jerseys.

I disagree on the ger-arg game. It was quite even. Argentina was more aggressive, but possession was close and shots were close. Arg played less like a team.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

4-0 doesnt leave anything for interpretation, thats just own. Having the ball doesnt mean ur "better", its about the chances you create, and germany had way more chanches then argentina.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""][quote=""Soccerman771""]Honestly that's what so funny about everyone saying this team's better than that team and lol at that team. Uruguay dominated a lot of the play today without their top striker.[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for agreeing :P. And again, i never felt like Uruguay had the chance to hurt the dutchies.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""RascalJones""]What's amazing to me is that the size of countries like The Netherlands with a population of 16 million can gather the athletes to perform at this level, and a country like the U.S. of 600 million fails....repeatedly.[/quote]
We're just one of the greatest civilizations in the world. No joking, but if you look around here, I think 2/5 boys of my age plays or has played soccer, maybe it even comes closer to 1/2, not sure though
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Im glad we´re all enjoying the World Soccer cup so much, mayB in 4 years time w can discuss the World Football cup in Brazil. On that note, should we not have our S25 2014 summit in Rio?

out
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Spain has Germany on the ropes!!!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

There's nothing you can do against Paul the Octopus.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

!"#!#"$%&%(&)/"%#$%#%"%#&$%/%&(&/($%&"%$"#|!|#"#%!!!&/!/#$%#$%/!$%&#&#%&!&"& "%"%"#$% 2#$"#$"#$"#%&/!/"!($# "#% "% "#%" "!%"&%#$% "%$$1"# ! !#$!"$"#% " "% %#"%"#%"#$"#$

OUT

PS 1!"#&!"&$/ #%#$&%325 "$"#!$% %"#%"% "!#%"#$% #"%&#$& 43
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]There's nothing you can do against Paul the Octopus.[/quote]

I hope the Dutch food smells better than the Spanish food when Paul is choosing one of the boxes again....
Last edited by DutchNvG on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""LaZy""]!"#!#"$%&%(&)/"%#$%#%"%#&$%/%&(&/($%&"%$"#|!|#"#%!!!&/!/#$%#$%/!$%&#&#%&!&"& "%"%"#$% 2#$"#$"#$"#%&/!/"!($# "#% "% "#%" "!%"&%#$% "%$$1"# ! !#$!"$"#% " "% %#"%"#%"#$"#$

OUT

PS 1!"#&!"&$/ #%#$&%325 "$"#!$% %"#%"% "!#%"#$% #"%&#$& 43[/quote]

+1
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I'll be rooting for the guys in Orange on Sunday. They are way overdue to win the finals.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Spain or Holland... Tough call. Are you guys sure that the both can't lose? Well, I guess I'll have to root for Holland.