World Cup Discussion

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: World Cup Discussion

Post by Soccerman771 »

Argentina was dismantled today. A few things to note - This is Germany's WC to lose and there is no way that Messi is the best footballer in the world.

Klose needs two goals to become the all-time WC goal scorer.

Maradona needs to learn to shut up.

It was nice to see the teams shaking hands after the game. Great sportsmanship considering the history of the teams.

I think I even saw Maradona shaking hands with some of the Germans.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Argentina was dismantled today. A few things to note - This is Germany's WC to lose and there is no way that Messi is the best footballer in the world.

[/quote]

He is, but Germany works better as a team. Schweinsteiger was brilliant! 2k10 is his WC!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hahaha hioly crap!!! germany rules hard though we have to say argentina was weak this game

and soccerman how can you say that? only because his team lost doesn't mean he isn't :-(

[quote=""Bart331""]what a noob

first domenech and then dunga , how hard is it to say gg afterwards?[/quote]

oh yes, if i had to dominate 2 trainers of 2 teams tihs wc i wold definitely chose those two.
even as player dunga was crap so i would love it if he had to retire after this..
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Did you guys see the same game as me? Had Argentina scored until the 2-0 and they would pwn germany hard. However Argentina's finalizing skills were awful :\ Germany was defending the 1-0 most of the time.

and there is no way that Messi is the best footballer in the world.
But of course not :D Ronaldo in the hands of Mourinho in Real will be the best footballer in the world.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]hahaha hioly ****!!! germany rules hard though we have to say argentina was weak this game

and soccerman how can you say that? only because his team lost doesn't mean he isn't :-(

oh yes, if i had to dominate 2 trainers of 2 teams tihs wc i wold definitely chose those two.
even as player dunga was crap so i would love it if he had to retire after this..[/quote]

How many goals did he score? How many did he setup? How did he inspire his teammates to greatness.

This guy is being compared to Maradona's level and the contest isn't even close.

If you cannot get up and play big on the worlds biggest stage you aren't even in the discussion.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

OMG ROFLOL REF I LITERALLY ROLLED ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

gosh that spain - paraguay was a blast in the end.
i hated the penalty spain had to take, that stupid guy( i don't know who) who ran into the penalty box to early causing them to retake the shoot and then the friggin goalkeeper hits the striker... had to be retaken again!! :-P

but i'm glad that spain won and even more glad David OP Villa scoring.
Valdez from paraguay is the player i hate the most tihs world cup
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Just think if Paraguay's striker hadn't been shot. They would have beaten Spain no doubt.
jtackel@hotmail.com

Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Got to fancy Germany to win now, their counter attack is just deadly. Looking forward to the game on Wednesday.

Only saw 5mins of the Spain game and it happened to include 3 penalties in it, unbelievable stuff!
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

:mrgreen:
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

what a game (arg-ger)!
I dont think the score really reflects the match... I would even say Arg played very good for most of the game (before the 2nd goal) they just couldnt score> Germany hung on the early goal and countered very well in the 2nd half. gg
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]hahaha hioly ****!!! germany rules hard though we have to say argentina was weak this game

even as player dunga was crap so i would love it if he had to retire after this..[/quote]

How many goals did he score? How many did he setup? How did he inspire his teammates to greatness.

This guy is being compared to Maradona's level and the contest isn't even close.

If you cannot get up and play big on the worlds biggest stage you aren't even in the discussion.[/quote]

How old is Messi? 21? He is the youngest player for over 60 years in the 100ers Club of Barcelona, which means he already scored more than 100 goals in the League for Barcelona. Watch some of his games he played for Barca. He is the best player in the world at the moment. I have no doubt about that.

@Sporting: Normally i'm pretty critic when it comes to german games, but seriously, Germany controlled the whole game and Argentina didn't know what to do at all. Did they even had a good chance? This is by far the best german team i've ever seen, no matter how this WC will end.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Germany looks rock solid. Noone looks as good as them. When you watch them, you just smile and say to yourself what a team! No question they will win this year, at least in my mind.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""Shizle""]Germany looks rock solid. Noone looks as good as them. When you watch them, you just smile and say to yourself what a team! No question they will win this year, at least in my mind.[/quote]
That's what I said before this match, they are superior ATM, though I don't hope Germany beats Holland in the finals since than whole holland would go kinda crazy and get mad, Germany has beaten Holland too often IMO
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I don't know how many Americans other than Soccer & myself have been following this, but I read that AMC Theaters will be showing all of the last 4 games at movie theaters on big screens.....IN 3D!!!!