You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: World Cup Discussion

Post by Comadevil »

If Schweinsteiger doesn't recover from his injury it will be really hard.
England has the better players but right now they didn't really show their class yet. But maybe good old Germany will motivate them enough.
My guess is 50:50
ALso i don't give so muich on the weak performance against Ghana. IAt the european championship we won the last group match against Austra 1:0 and it also wasn't a great match.
We have the second youngest team at WC and failure during group phase didn't happen so far to Germany at WC and so they were really under pressure. But losing vs. England can happen so pressure isn't so high anymore for them. But i guess the last also applies to England ;)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

didnt see the game, but congrats to portugal moving on! How did they look vs Brazil?
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""etrips888""]didnt see the game, but congrats to portugal moving on! How did they look vs Brazil?[/quote]

Game was increadibly boring.....
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""DutchNvG""][quote=""etrips888""]didnt see the game, but congrats to portugal moving on! How did they look vs Brazil?[/quote]

Game was increadibly boring.....[/quote]

Although I found the first half pretty good, was hoping to see a couple of red cards. lol. Was quite visious at one point.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this game is great! Spain vs Chile. chile had tons of chances then spain gets nice counter, keeper comes out to kick the ball out and david villa just shoots from a long distance, 1-0 ;-)
now it's even 2-0 thakns to iniesta.
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

[quote=""Comadevil""]. Almost everywhere else our kind of football is called football
[/quote]

Wrong, we call american football = american football and football is soccer. And few outside the us know the rules of american football.

I'm rooting for evry team who plays against germany (to piss aaryn off)
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""wicked_assassin""][quote=""Comadevil""]. Almost everywhere else our kind of football is called football
[/quote]

Wrong, we call american football = american football and football is soccer. And few outside the us know the rules of american football.

I'm rooting for evry team who plays against germany (to piss aaryn off)[/quote]

That is the problem with America, they always have to be different, even if it is wrong.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""DutchNvG""][quote=""etrips888""]didnt see the game, but congrats to portugal moving on! How did they look vs Brazil?[/quote]

Game was increadibly boring.....[/quote]

Although I found the first half pretty good, was hoping to see a couple of red cards. lol. Was quite visious at one point.[/quote]

Indeed. Although the game might have been a bit boring, Portugal played OK and kept Brazil down. Many thought that Brazil would bash Portugal, the tie was good for the morale.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""wicked_assassin""][quote=""Comadevil""]. Almost everywhere else our kind of football is called football
[/quote]

I'm rooting for evry team who plays against germany (to piss aaryn off)[/quote]

pff! Big PFFFFF!
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Well so far so good. Excellent keeping by the Brits, French team are on a another level to everybody else, perhaps they have seen the future. Perhaps they are the new Dutch team heeh as they always had in team fighting. Italy gone great no big loss.....unless Italian. Portugual look average and Spain will beat them easily...come on I have to say it we have Portuguese players here. Agrentina look great but they must have a bad game soon, then we see what they are made of.

Chile my team of the tourament so far reall nice to watch.

England v Germany ............. well we are out hehe. The thing with England generally we play to the level of opposition so should be a crap game, joking. Both teams have team issue's so should be fun. If England win the country will go nuts then be really hearbroken when they get beat next round haha.

Anyway still think Spain v Dutch final.

Final note away from football...............one word redundant!!!!
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

yeah its funny to see there are 6 crap teams on one side of the final scheme, while most favourites are on the other side
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

so you're basically saying that Dutch > Brazil?

but seriously something went wrong when England and France failed a bit, since now South Korea/Uruguay/USA/ another country will be in the semi-finals, while I think they are not that good to deserve that.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Anyone thought of the freakish possibility of an England vs USA final? ROFL
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

both Koreas in the final would have been OP
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]both Koreas in the final would have been OP[/quote]
Nah that would have caused WW3 ;)
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.