Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Round 2 - Soccerman771 vs LaZy_TuGa

Post by Soccerman771 »

Soccerman771 vs LaZy_TuGa
Chinese vs British
Winner: Lazy

Description: I opted to go FF and did it really fast. Had him on the ropes as my 8,000 disciples and mortars did good damage on him. I took out his TC, but let him stay in the game. At the end of the game, he said he was seconds from typing GG and resigning. Couldn't finish him off and he out-boomed me as I put a lot into a hard FF-rush. Pretty even game up until about 20 minutes as he used his eco to build a massive army and crushed me. I resigned at 24:30.

GG Lazy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Round 2 - Soccerman771 vs LaZy_TuGa

Post by KingKaramazov »

I'll give it a watch.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]I'll give it a watch.[/quote]
+1
sounds like a gg!

a few points:
- make a water deck, china has those fire ship. If you had attacked on the water, you could have won this.
- pay more attention to villy production, you can improve there
- dont leave your mortars all alone... if lazy had send 3 vils or a few units there, they would have been destroyed in no time.
- try to fight with your whole army, without leave some back at home (mainly those you make from rax were idle)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

You should have protected your mortars better. If you had waited another minute or so to attack and had more units from shipments / etc to protect your mortars, you probably could have taken him out.

It's easy to become over eager when doing a Disciple FF thinking that your units will auto-pwn the entire opponent's base but you have to be fairly careful to make sure that you don't let your units into any situations where they can be killed because then your whole strategy will fall apart.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]You should have protected your mortars better. If you had waited another minute or so to attack and had more units from shipments / etc to protect your mortars, you probably could have taken him out.

It's easy to become over eager when doing a Disciple FF thinking that your units will auto-pwn the entire opponent's base but you have to be fairly careful to make sure that you don't let your units into any situations where they can be killed because then your whole strategy will fall apart.[/quote]

And that's pretty much what happened. When I had him on the ropes, I let go and didn't finish it. Then he killed my army and I played very sloppy after my rush failed..

The bad thing is I saw the schooners card and knew he would go to the water. The problem is I thought he would use a gren rush (saw that card too) and was more scared of that...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

People rarely do a gren rush in 1v1, especially against disciple ff, it would be asking to get owned.