Super Bowl

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Super Bowl

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I started watching the Superbowl for a while but after 10 mins real time - 2 mins game played I got bored with all those stops. In my humble opinion rugby>american football :p
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]I started watching the Superbowl for a while but after 10 mins real time - 2 mins game played I got bored with all those stops. In my humble opinion rugby>american football :p[/quote]
This is my opinion too, American football may be quicker but Rugby is free flow untill someone commits a fouls, i didn't understand when the game was stopped after the guy threw it and it it the floor at first!

Also, I cannot wait for the day the portuguese(after showing a valiant effort in the Rugby World Cup) get entered into the 6 Nations(agfter all Italy Joined it), to make it 7 Nations
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]

It's obvious you've never played organized American football or you'd never say that.

[/quote]

Way back when I was considered a teenager, I knocked my shoulder out of socket playing American football. This was just a collection of kids from the neighborhood playing in a field with no pads. I was not the only player to break something that day...

To this day, my shoulder still pops when I spin it around. I watched the super bowl, but honestly, if it is not my hometown, I do not get very interested. UFC is what I enjoy.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

That's a rotator cuff problem Cyc.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I must have lucked out. I was over at a friends house with a bunch of other "gamer types" but not AOE gamers :( So we played an unamed other RTS after the score hit 7 to 3 and our game finished just in time to watch the score move again in the 4th quarter. To us having missed most of the middle game of the superbowl it was a pretty good watch!!! I was glad to see the Giants upset the Patriots as I have no preference over either team. We finished off the superbowl and went back to gaming. I longed for AOE3!!!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Tell those slackers to get the game and join! ;)
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Also, I cannot wait for the day the portuguese(after showing a valiant effort in the Rugby World Cup) get entered into the 6 Nations(agfter all Italy Joined it), to make it 7 Nations
Yeah, here in Portugal no one cared much about rugby, but then those guys did really nice and people stopped and gave a look at it :D Rugby is pretty nice.
Last edited by Sporting_Lisbon on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Am i missing something with Portugal and rugby in the world cup they got hammered 108-13 v New Zealand, 31-5 V Italy and the mighty Romania yes thats right Romania 14-10. The only team they could of beat maybe was Namibia!
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

I'm in a unique position of having played both games at a reasonable standard. The intensity of each play in American football is so much higher, you need the 30 seconds between plays to get your breath back. The hits are also signficantly harder as if you tackled like that in rugby you'd not last 5 minutes. Rugby is a lower intensity game but you need to keep going for a solid 80 minutes.

I played on the wing at rugby though - I was the guy coming in at the end with the clean shorts on!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Playing on wing is nothing compared to playing in the pack. I don't know what the club rugby in England/Europe is like, but in South Africa being part of pack is a very tough job. In the rucks or mauls you'll be punched, bitten, trappled, punched etc (it do turn VERY dirty and ugly down there). You'll have to be brave or crazy to go in there (esp when you are lightweight forward like me). :D

Anyway, back to Portugal team. I've watched their games in World Cup. It is true that they got hammered, but have you noticed something else? Have you seen that they held their heads up with pride despite all of those hammering? It is their first World Cup and they gave their best and that is reason they are very proud of it.

We cannot compare rugby to American football because of their difference nature of games. Almost all of the football players would not last long in rugby game and also very few rugby players can play football if they can handle such high intensity.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]UFC is what I enjoy.[/quote]

and K1 :twisted:
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

K1 and UFC are not sports to me.
They are more like the old version of pro wrestlers, when those guys still hurt each other.

Regular boxing is on the limit. It is tough but still something where the best athlete will win.

I wonder what would happen if regular testing on drugs was performed in american football.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""luukje""]K1 and UFC are not sports to me.
[/quote]

why would it not be a sport?
they prob train as hard as any other athlete
they use more techniques than a football player imo
it has strickt rules, just like any other sport

It may be brutal and hard, but for me is a valid sport.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

It is to much street fighting.
Look at the NR1 boxer in the world, Floyd Mayweather, he's the best because of his exceptionnal reactions, dodging, technique and ring mastership.

Its like horse racing, that is not sports, it's a game for the gambling addicts. Or benji jumping.

it is not because something is an organised compettion with clear rules that you can define is as sports.
For me sports is something where ther is organised competition but at the same time there are regular guys like you and me competing, practising.

K1 and consorts are a combation of extreme fysical demands combined with the sensation of real pain and blood.
To close to a freak show.

(Its just my humble personal opinion,lol)
((and for those who like it, probably more exciting than anything else))
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""emperoral""]Am i missing something with Portugal and rugby in the world cup they got hammered 108-13 v New Zealand, 31-5 V Italy and the mighty Romania yes thats right Romania 14-10. The only team they could of beat maybe was Namibia![/quote]
This amy be true but like Rog said, they held their heads up high, and to be honest nothing was really expected of them, because it was their first world cup, they were all apart from 1 or 2(?), amateurs.

[quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""]Playing on wing is nothing compared to playing in the pack. I don't know what the club rugby in England/Europe is like, but in South Africa being part of pack is a very tough job. In the rucks or mauls you'll be punched, bitten, trappled, punched etc (it do turn VERY dirty and ugly down there). You'll have to be brave or crazy to go in there (esp when you are lightweight forward like me).[/quote]

I played on the wing and came in with the clean shorts also, but yeah I was in a few rucks and mauls just coz anyone is supposed to jump in lol, i remember one game where i was head of the maul and was unfair coz i was smallest on either team the oppo just held the ball against me and i couldnt pass it out which led to oppo scrum :(
Another funny tuime was oppo but the ball down before the actual try line claiming for a try when it wasn't! Was hilarious man that guy felt embarrassed!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!