Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

İleri marş

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this works for any unit but i find it most beneficial for the abus guns :-P
basically, it's using the fact that if you have selected lets say 15 abus guns and have them all in formation, if you now click far aawy , they start to get in a long line and travel like this. this is good for travelling long ways but for battle it's terrible.
so what should be done imo is before the battle starts, move in small steps (mass right click in front of them) so they spread out and can shoot all at once.
if you don't do this they have to first get in line and in position to shoot, if you keep the distance between your army and the place to right click, they'll just fire away directly which is what we want them to do. 8)

this is nothing new but i feel few ppl pay close attention to it, and in the heat of the battle, simply forget about it :)
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: ?leri mar?!

Post by gendarme »

You are right Aaryn, I also noticed this once but didn't really think about it. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: ?leri mar?!

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I really like the way AOE3 organizes your units in this manor, makes for much better control over your units. I have been re playing C&C3 recently and that just basically selects all your units in one huge mass and sends em off all over the place. Your light vehicles charge off from the support of the heavy Armour and get destroyed whilst your support units take the scenic route through the enemy base. The whole thing is chaos! Its amazing how such a simple concept such as grouping units in formations can enhance game play.