Hi, I'm Cleeduz, and I'm a rushaholic...

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Re: Hi, I'm Cleeduz, and I'm a rushaholic...

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Well, Cleeduz, what you can do if you enjoy playing offensively but want to be a more well-rounded player is to simply raid. It allows you to pester your opponent in the early game (and is fun as hell) while allowing the game to last more than maybe six minutes.

You don't just need cavalry to raid, too. You can raid with skirmishers, crossbows, chu ko nu, anything you want. They work very effectively with hit and run.

Not only does it allow you to put on early pressure while maintaining a balanced game, all high-level players do it to some extent no matter what strategy or civ, so you'll be improving your game at the same time.[/quote]

Thanks bro, I have been giving this a try lately and forcing myself to commit to semi-ff or ff. The "committing" aspect is tough, but it is coming along....

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hey cleeduz,
i hope the handful of games we played recently showed oyu new options :-)
i tried to vary the gameplay in those
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]hey cleeduz,
i hope the handful of games we played recently showed oyu new options :-)
i tried to vary the gameplay in those[/quote]

It did help, ty.

I just need to keep at it. Taking almost a year off and trying to rework my playstyle is going to just take experience. I've never been able to get online a lot, but I think experience is the key, so I will keep at it, and try your suggestions, they can only help.

Thanks also to Thunderheart, we got a few games in and has also been helping me out.

N3O is great! Thank you all.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin