Need some input on this thread please.

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Need some input on this thread please.

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""LaZy""]
2ndly, I would like say the following: we, N3O, really are in a league of our own![/quote]

good point i never thought about that, we as N3O also have our own games where we try to get as much of N3O in thet as possible

[quote=""LaZy""]Could work but I really have no idea what taunt 5 sounds like in any non english version. Does it say the same thing, yet in a diferent language, throughout the world? If u want 2 play on a competitive level, and most do in our "community", then the language issue will become just that, an issue[/quote]

The taunts correctly translate to the language. like all taunts on my version of the game are obviously on german, taunt 26 sounded so dumb on german i had to ask tubruk to give me the english version of it

actually, what is with 1v1 ??? they will easily play 1v1 with you because there is need to communicate other than flaming or wishing your opponent luck

me and drew had a 2v2 game against two japanese once and after the game i talked some sentences with the guy, he really tried hard, at least i could get what he was trying to tell me
esam709
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by esam709 »

Well, playing with asians doesn't exactly mean playing in their team, so you don't have to communicate much more than glhf and gg.
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]

The taunts correctly translate to the language. like all taunts on my version of the game are obviously on german, taunt 26 sounded so dumb on german i had to ask tubruk to give me the english version of it
[/quote]

And i can only buy uk versions of the game...
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ye, ppl from norway also use the english version of the game, there is no norwegian version ;-)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Awesome post, Lazy! You had me laughing and thinking all at the same time.

It's too bad the Asians password-protect their games. But I must agree that it's all about language and culture. And as Lazy said, how can you communicate with a guy in China if you not only don't SPEAK Mandarin, but you certainly don't write the damn characters!

Well, I guess this means us Western barbarians must simply stick together and speak Jolly Olde English as our lingua franca.

After all, we all speak English.... COMMANDEMENT !?!?!?!?!

In response, I can only say: "I mene so!!"
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ 2 which the only logical and forseeable response would b "...eu vou fazer..." :P

out