Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

iamzeus
Conscript
Conscript

Round 1: I__ZEUS__I vs Severebeating

Post by iamzeus »

Enjoy watching me forget a million details ^_^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: Round 1: I__ZEUS__I vs Severebeating

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Wow. What a game! I think I vote this best game of round 1. :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

this is one of those "sit back, grab some pop-corn and enjoy the show"- games
gg guyz
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Awesome game, Zeus was down to 13 vills at 37 mins. What a great comeback.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]Awesome game, Zeus was down to 13 vills at 37 mins. What a great comeback.[/quote]

true
I've never seen him play so lousy eco-wise tho, normally his villy prod is more or less continuous.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Alright, Beating. :) At your request, I watched the rec, and here are some tips.

1. Get your warchief moving at the start - it took you 30 seconds to get him going. That can mean a lot in a close game.

2. Keep an eye on your chief and make sure he's always moving.

3. Send your shipments right as you get them.

4. I'm not sure silk road has enough treasures to justify sending 4 jags.

5. Once you got 4 jags, you should have gone for the coin reduction treasure in the corner.

6. Build a war hut manually - you can start building before age 2, you don't have to wait for the shipment to arrive, you don't waste a shipment on 500 wood when you only need 1 war hut, and travois are easily killed. I'd suggest cutting that card out altogether. Aztecs have much better age 2 cards.

7. Nice job killing his priest and shooting his tiger/warchief!

8. Build your war huts either next to his base or in the middle. Off to the side is kind of a waste unless you're building them later for vil protection.

9. Heal your 39 health jaguar with your priest.

10. You shouldn't have wasted your jaguars against a clearly superior army.

11. Keep all your resources being used! Build more houses, more vils, or send the jaguar BBs.

12. Don't bring along the 3 TP card on a no TP map.

13. You had a ton of idle vils.

14. Nice job taking map control! Next time try building war huts on his hunts. That really presses him for resources, especially him being an incredibly food-heavy civ like Aztecs.

15. Build war huts on the trading posts or put a few guys there.

16. Don't make chakrams. They're like grenadiers except without the siege damage, so they're completely worthless.

17. Fight his army, don't burn his buildings while his army is tearing you apart.

18. Unless you're harassing, only attack with your whole army or make sure you can get out safely. (You suicidally attacked with 5 chakrams like 3 times)

19. Against a cloud of macehualtins, you should have made coyotes or tiger claws (those guys are monsters), not chakrams. Remember to counter him!

20. With all that food you had, make coyotes instead of mace. He had no heavy infantry.

21. If you're going to use chakrams, research the range tech. Otherwise their range is too short to be worthwhile.

22. Good job killing his vils with chakrams!

23. When your TC is being trashed, either run your vils away before it goes down or send every single available guy you have. (you had about 20 sitting there)

24. When his coyotes were killing your farmers, you should have hopped in the noble huts 3 feet away.

25. Warrior priests can't spawn if you're at full population.

26. At about 47 mins you had over 4000 food. Use it on jaguar knights or ERK. Or you could age to industrial.

27. Always use attack dance when you fight.

28. Near the end you still hadn't gotten that -5% coin cost treasure. That really adds up in long games like that.

29. Don't use coyote runners against ERK. If you really have to, then upgrade them at least to elite.

30. If you have extra wood/food, and he has ERK, make mace. Mace stand up to ERK quite well.

31. If you're sieging a building, walk up next to it and THEN start burning it. It's far more effective that way when your army is big.

I know it sounds like I'm completely tearing you game apart (sorry about that), but you played well. It's just easy to concentrate on the negatives.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I know it sounds like I'm completely tearing you game apart (sorry about that), but you played well. It's just easy to concentrate on the negatives.
Heh, when I reviewed a BUG's game I had exactly the same problem ^^
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Alright, Beating. :) At your request, I watched the rec, and here are some tips.
I know it sounds like I'm completely tearing you game apart (sorry about that), but you played well. It's just easy to concentrate on the negatives.[/quote]

NP As you said, I requested it. I knew that in a lengthy game like this I would get a lot of good points from you.

THANK YOU for taking the time.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]16. Don't make chakrams. They're like grenadiers except without the siege damage, so they're completely worthless.[/quote]

I really don't think they are worthless... Taking no pop-space, walking faster than grens, having a bonus vs heavy inf while absorbing tons of ranged damage (50%RR) and this vs a civ with no access to spies.

they also offer some nice & cheap techs:
+50% hit points to Hero (explorer, war chief, monk, etc.)
=> very useful for your warchief

Increases mills, plantations, rice paddies, livestock pens, farms, shrines, & sacred fields gathering 10%
=> eco boost

+ 4 Range and LOS to Chakram unit
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""]16. Don't make chakrams. They're like grenadiers except without the siege damage, so they're completely worthless.[/quote]

I really don't think they are worthless... Taking no pop-space, walking faster than grens, having a bonus vs heavy inf while absorbing tons of ranged damage (50%RR) and this vs a civ with no access to spies.

they also offer some nice & cheap techs:
+50% hit points to Hero (explorer, war chief, monk, etc.)
=> very useful for your warchief

Increases mills, plantations, rice paddies, livestock pens, farms, shrines, & sacred fields gathering 10%
=> eco boost

+ 4 Range and LOS to Chakram unit[/quote]

I'm gonna agree with chaos here. I've seen a few 38+ replays where they been a deecent factor in the win.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Well, they're counted as heavy infantry, but don't beat cavalry, so they lose to heavy cavalry AND former light infantry, while only going about even with heavy infantry.
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

50% RR and area ranged damage give em a good chance vs former LI.
They do really good vs HI, dunno why you say they go even ... They are faster than all HI (except for ashi's) to avoid being meleed.