You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Winter Olympics

Post by RascalJones »

Anyone watching?

Last night's Snowboard Halfpipe was insane. (I know Soccer saw it, he posted on Facebook).

Shaun White's first run in the finals was enough to win the gold....his second run....I don't know if anyone can EVER top it.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/asseti ... 38dfe.html

Lindsey Vonn winning women's downhill with a bruised shin on one of the hardest, bumpiest courses EVER.

And then, there's the Norwegian Curling team....

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Re: Winter Olympics

Post by GeneralMichael »

I missed watching the flying tomato, I did not know snowboarding started yet. I watched the U.S.A. curling team lose to the germans though

hienle
Conscript
Conscript

Post by hienle »

AUSTRIA go go go !!! :D :D :D
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

Also hilarious watching our Canadian girls destroy everyone they come up against for hockey, hopefully the game vs USA is more interesting to watch. Mens boardercross was pretty a good race too. GO CANADA GO
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Of the 200 channels I have on TV, the Olympics occupies about 150 at the moment. LOL.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Curling is just a JOKE imho, while wu shu was not allowed to be an olympic sport, this weirdo sport is ... go figure
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

For me watching the winter olympics is all about turning into dutch television and watch them whine and moan about the quality of the ice for speed skating.. And raving about their own athletes until they fail.
Hilarious.

Always a shame cross country biking isnt an olympic sport, then we belgians could get a medal to.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Yeashh been watching it, curling is just ridiculous, there is no other sport in the world where gettin 0 points in an end is better than getting 1 but getting 2 or more is best! lol Its ridulous that u lose the 'hammer' if u win an end, they should just make it even, take turns would make for a more interesting sport imo i fell asleep in the GB game vs switzerland!

And GB are just shocking at everything going, STILL yet to win ONE medal!

The canadians hockey team is just a joke atm lol just murdering all opposition lol conceding only 2 goals and scoring 41?? Lol

When I was reading someones column in the paper about the olympics it made me laugh, he said that he was amazed, because he didnt think anyone could make Sacha Baron Cohen's character 'Brüno' look masculine in comparison, until he saw the male figure skaters :P
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Curling is quite a bit more complicated and skillful than you guys are making it out to be. The strategy that goes into play is quite complex.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

The maid that comes at wednesdays and thursdays to clean the house must be some kind of iamgrunt of curling ^^
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

I agree with drew curling is very difficult, and skillful. It definitely deserves to be an Olympic sport more than ping-pong does.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""36drew""]Curling is quite a bit more complicated and skillful than you guys are making it out to be. The strategy that goes into play is quite complex.[/quote]

Oh no, I do believe it is, i just prefer bowls much more than curling, thoguh there are some quite attractive ladies taking part in the curling i must say, so its much easier on the eyes :)

LOl and just to add, GB HAS GOT THEIR FIRST MEDAL :D Lol not just any medal, a gold one as well :) lol we must be proud :/ lol only mens and womens curling to go for any hope of a medal :P
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""36drew""]Curling is quite a bit more complicated and skillful than you guys are making it out to be. The strategy that goes into play is quite complex.[/quote]

complicated and skillful doesnt make it an olympic sport imho, aoe3 is also complicated and skillful :roll:
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
thunderheart
Conscript
Conscript

Post by thunderheart »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""36drew""]Curling is quite a bit more complicated and skillful than you guys are making it out to be. The strategy that goes into play is quite complex.[/quote]

complicated and skillful doesnt make it an olympic sport imho, aoe3 is also complicated and skillful :roll:[/quote]

Then maybe AOE3 is an olympic sport as well :!:
Thunderheart
1st Lieutnant

No man can live without dreams
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Finland has been a dissapointment lol. We predicted to have at least 12 medals and now only have 1. I think that our hockey team can bring us second medal.