I think I discovered something...

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ChrisTheMean
Private
Private

I think I discovered something...

Post by ChrisTheMean »

DID YOU KNOW... that a british player who has revolted after sending estates can train up to 5 CM from each manor at the same time? I was just messing around vs Mr AI trying some wierd semi FI thing because everyone says brit ff/fi sucks, and stumbled upon this. So, with no millitary buildings you can train 100 CM in about 20 seconds (or 115 if you had 3 TC's). Just though I'd share, maybe this is old news.
[quote=""Soccerman771""]It's obvious. As your name states you were mean to him so he went and cried in the corner. When he got the muster to come back to the game and face you, well you made him cry again.[/quote]
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: I think I discovered something...

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

You don't even need to send estates to train cm from manors :D

Something I found the other day is that you can get your warrior priests in cover mode in the firepit without losing any effect on the dance!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]
Something I found the other day is that you can get your warrior priests in cover mode in the firepit without losing any effect on the dance![/quote]

now that's OP!! :-P
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Also on the same chapter, most have already realized that chinese and azzie chiefs have cover mode. Since they're rather useless in combat, get them in cover mode for a 1500+ hp tank. I also use the azzie cover mode when fighting for those huge xp treasures in great plains, since your other converted stuff still deals the same damage even tho the chief takes half dmg and deals dmg.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ye the cover-mode of aztec warchief and chinas monk is old news, but this thingy with the warrior priests is new to me :-P
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Coyotes, discs, all LI have cover mode too btw lol

Also, a tip for raiding. When raiding, get your explorer to shoot first at the innocent vills. The attack alert sounds, and the opponent goes check, just to see an explorer shooting. 2 secs later get your cavalry in, and if you harass him somewhere in synchrony chances are that he isn't going to bother with the explorer that is killing his vills.

Also, another tip for when you're being raided. It seems that you've noticed that there are cav on the way to your unprotected hunts. If he hasn't seen your 10 vills, send 10 vills in the direction of your tc or somewhere safe and send one single vill in the direction where the cav will show up. The decoy will at least give you some time to save your other vills, if not really save them all.

Remember as well to get your "cover mode-able" units in cover mode when you're sure of the target of the outpost/tc/war hut. A single pike in cover mode will make your other pikes last twice as long.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]
Also, a tip for raiding. When raiding, get your explorer to shoot first at the innocent vills. The attack alert sounds, and the opponent goes check, just to see an explorer shooting. 2 secs later get your cavalry in, and if you harass him somewhere in synchrony chances are that he isn't going to bother with the explorer that is killing his vills.[/quote]

ye this is better done with military though, opush his military base at the same time while raiding, but of course attack his military first THEN move them in, cuz of the alert sound, as you put it. :)

i have this estats card in one of my team decks though, it's good if oyu have to replace alot of lost ivlls in a teamgame or you do some crazy full manor boom fi with vill boom from manors right after :-P
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yeah I've seen Jim use it to very well in team games where the brit goes industrial sooner than the others. I have it in my decks too, I'm too lazy to get 2 other tcs in fortress.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Also on the same chapter, most have already realized that chinese and azzie chiefs have cover mode. Since they're rather useless in combat, get them in cover mode for a 1500+ hp tank. I also use the azzie cover mode when fighting for those huge xp treasures in great plains, since your other converted stuff still deals the same damage even tho the chief takes half dmg and deals dmg.[/quote]

I keep reading about this and think it can be really useful but just never seem to remember to use it. As bad as it is, I rarely even remember to keep the azzy warchief with my army :oops: Hopefully this cover mode thing can help me remember!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Yeah I've seen Jim use it to very well in team games where the brit goes industrial sooner than the others. I have it in my decks too, I'm too lazy to get 2 other tcs in fortress.[/quote]

Yeah, lol. When I played Brits exclusively I guess you could say I abused the estates card quite a lot. I use to do a late game colonial to industrial jump and ship estates straight away, normaly (providing you get it right) you will hit industrial with around 55 vills but will have enough resources and eco do bang out batches of vills and thus getting you up to max vills pretty fast. There isn't a huge amount in fortress for Brits so the immeadiate jump to industrial always worked well for me.
It's also a great card to send anyway in team games, cause you can garuantee that if playing 3v3 some muppet on the other team will sit back and lame by massing opri or some crap like that (ahem....*adder*...ahem). So when you get them rampaging your TC and you lose say 20 vills (cause you know there is no stopping it in time) you can get your eco back pretty quick.
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Haha Jim. To be fair I was desperately trying not 2 hit your guys and go 4 the unction lamer, but he hid right in the back of your base and after about 3 attempts to run through your base and hit his I just gave up and hit you instead. Its your own fault for stopping me reaching his base! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

ROFL. ;)
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]You don't even need to send estates to train cm from manors :D

Something I found the other day is that you can get your warrior priests in cover mode in the firepit without losing any effect on the dance![/quote]

ha ha I always do that! ;)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

The only thing I can add 2 this discussion is that a) we havent mentioned the word "beer" once yet and b) Macabee should win the most OP avatar prize :P

out