Round 1 DJDan (Iroquois) vs. Zorprime (Spain)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Round 1 DJDan (Iroquois) vs. Zorprime (Spain)

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Good Game Dan!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Re: Round 1 DJDan (Iroquois) vs. Zorprime (Spain)

Post by djdan »

yeah very good game Zorp, would appreciate any comments from people that have watched it also!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

to both: get a 2nd hunt closer :P

Zorprime, try clicking age up faster, don't spent resources on too many other things. Once the aging has started you can make dogs, call MM etc...
I wouldn't waste time on a market or additional houses. Hitting age 3 is your priority.

Dan, nice toma rush, don't forget the warchief bazooka-shot (good vs dogs and MM) and try keeping vil production up

gg
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I'll take a look at it and give you my input.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Interesting game.

Dan:
Good rush. One thing, though. You might want to consider either a) waiting for the third BB to attack, as most of the time those few tomas won't cut it or b) at least making sure your villagers are gathering resources for the 3rd BB as you are attacking with your tomas from the first 2 BBs + toma shipment. In order to accomplish one of these things, you should age up with the wise woman (I can't remember if you did). The resources you get will help you get that third BB faster which should make up for the slower age time. However, it's your call - it depends on which civ you are facing. Also, I would take a look at your deck. You have a lot of unnecessary cards in there, especially those team cards. Good use of the Town Destroyer card, though! Finally, as Chaos pointed out, never forget to use Crackshot! It has "crack" in the name for a reason. It kicks ass.

Zorp:
Use your age up outpost near your town. It would have helped here, and you wouldn't have lost it if you hadn't sent it across the map. If you see an Iro is doing a toma rush, you have to be sure to send unit shipments ASAP, and cancel any res shipments you have pending. Also, make sure to check their deck for Town Destroyer and / or look at the siege damage of their WC. If you see that the WC has incredible siege damage, make minutemen and focus fire him IMMEDIATELY and have the TC attack him. Also, if a person is focusing solely on attacking your TC, remember to not put any more or any less than 9 villagers in there so you get the maximum damage. Finally, if you suspect a rush, don't waste your explorer and dogs out in the field trying to kill him in the middle of nowhere. Keep your explorer near home so you can use those dogs to defend yourself!
If you had killed Dan's WC, then his tomas would have died and your TC would have survived. Then you could have sent a few unit shipments, made some muskets and rods, and beaten him.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

This game was a series of mistakes for me. I had no idea the Iro's had that town destroyer card, which is where civ knowledge was one of the things that killed me. building 5 dogs was about the dumbest thing I coulda done and sending the tower way forward was too. I know it but, for some reason I did it. Instead of sticking to what I knew worked fairly well, I tried to find something better to do in a tourney game. If I had any idea that warchief was so damaging he would have been my primary tgt earlier. Again civ knowledge gets me there. I didn't figure out he had hella siege until he was sacking my 2nd TC.

I shoulda made the choice to build troops instead of age up much much earlier. instead I stuck to my age 3 goal.

unfortunately my loathing of the Iroquois civ has kept me from learning them.

thanks for help but, I gotta admit I knew most my mistakes seconds after making them, was really bad decision making on my part.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Interesting game.

Also, if a person is focusing solely on attacking your TC, remember to not put any more or any less than 9 villagers in there so you get the maximum damage. [/quote]

Is it 9??? I always thought 10???
Thanks
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yes, it's 9. Without CM, the maximum damage your TC will do is 90 damage.

Zorp:

I know how you feel man, sometimes you try to do everything right and instead you do everything wrong. I had a couple days this week where every game felt like that. No sweat. You learned something from this game, so that's the most important thing.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Yes, it's 9. Without CM, the maximum damage your TC will do is 90 damage.[/quote]

I thought it was 10 too. I always load mine with ten. Good to know KK.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

it's 10 vills , stop fooling everybody KK :P

(each deals 9 dmg)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Really? Hm. Well, I guess I was wrong. Hah. I feel like somewhere between 10 and 9 and 90 I got a number switched around.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I know for sure that it's 10.

Each vil adds 9 damage, so 9x10=90, the max damage per TC shot.
Groovy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

...without CM....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

actually I saw dan's tomma army soon enough to play my CM card but, elected not to ship it. If I hadn't built dogs and played cm card and aged to 3 I probably would have got enough resources to play CM and minutemen before he sacked my TC. Also if I knew to hit his explorer due to his OUTRAGEOUS siege.

Again, well played Dan I'm not trying to diminish your win by going on and on about how many mistakes I made.