Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

The JAM! (by ES_WaCkO_)

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/615047.aspx

The JAM! - Japanese Ashigaru Massacre

To start all of your villagers to berries and set your shrines set to produce food

Your 1st card depends on the map:

Water Map: 3 Fishing Boats
Land Map (big treasures): +50% Attack and HP for monks
Land Map (little treasures): +15% Berry gather rate

Once you're around 13/14 villagers (depending on treasures) start making the Torii Gates wonder, but be sure to keep constant villager production constant.

Once construction of the wonder begins every villager that comes out during aging will go to gold, also change your shrines to produce wood.
After the wonder is finished build a Barracks with your Military Rickshaw and send the 600 wood card.
Build plenty of Ashigaru musketeers and use them to harass your opponent, you 3rd card will be the 5 Ashigaru card.

From here on out it's about adapting to your opponent.

If he's sitting back in his base you want to shrine boom and get all the market upgrades you can afford.

If he's spamming ranged infantry you want to get a stable up ASAP and build Naginata riders.

A good card order usually looks something like this:

+15% Berry Gather
600 Wood
5 Ashigaru
4 Villagers
+20% Ashigaru Attack

I find it a very poor strat description as it's basically saying: age up and spam musks :roll: but some might find it useful...
I expected more from a great player like WaCkO
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: The JAM! (by ES_WaCkO_)

Post by Comadevil »

well nothing new and without real inspiration.
1st card could also be TP rickshaw , nstead of 600 wood u could also get 4 shrines to get faster pop space etc
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Oh of course, what a "strategy," basically do what every other Japanese player under PR 29 does.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Wow...

Berry bushes? What an idiot. They run out quickly and gather slowly. Orchards are FAR better. Why not utilize them?

Ashigaru are standard.

Berry bush gathering as first card? What the hell? 600 wood? How would that help in an ashigaru spam? Why not send 5 ashigaru twice? 4 villagers is also a worthless card unless you're booming, and you can't boom while spamming ashigaru.

I thought this guy was good? Then again, he IS an ES employee...
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

best is to split between berry bushes and orchards to avoid bumping, both have same gather rate imo
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

cherries got better gather rate, at least thats what i heard
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""blayzer13""]cherries got better gather rate, at least thats what i heard[/quote]
No it is the same 0.67

Well the guide looks like he HAD TO write a guide for a asian civ, he didn't actually wanted to
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Comadevil""][quote=""blayzer13""]cherries got better gather rate, at least thats what i heard[/quote]
No it is the same 0.67

Well the guide looks like he HAD TO write a guide for a asian civ, he didn't actually wanted to[/quote]

Yes it does a bit. I would have expected a lot more from wacko if it is a strat he has devised himself.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I suggest against splitting berry bushes and orchards. Vils task on the orchard and stand there, gathering. They don't move around like when hunting or farming. It's best to just go all on orchards, as there is room for a lot of vils and bumping is not an issue.
Groovy.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]I suggest against splitting berry bushes and orchards. Vils task on the orchard and stand there, gathering. [/quote]

I also suggest against this especially for players who don't play a lot. If they forget to send the cherry orchards in time when the first cherry orchard(s) is (are) almost used up then u still have the berries as backup and can send ur 2 cherry orchard shipment as next shipment without having no food production
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Also berries have that annoying bug where idle vills tasked to berries don't show up as idle.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

well splitting between both is done by several good players but it wont matter much i guess, do as you like
there is some walking and bumping time, but it's neglectable at low levels
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i wouldnt think the split second of bumping would even make a difference at a higher level